The Scar On My Pinkie

When I was 2 or 3 I was visiting family in NJ.  I was a clueless child and didn't know about the strange contraption in my uncle's basement.  I was watching it and thought What would happen if I stuck my finger in that spinning belt?  Being the stupid child that I was,  I stuck my finger in the spinning belt.  It hurt a lot.  My mom later told me that it would have been better for me to get stitches.  I didn't and so now I have a large triangular scar on my pinkie.    I also later learned that the strange machine in my uncle's basement was a treadmill.
fiction 0 comments challenge: 70°

The Man Called 70 Degrees

The Blue Light

The twins rolled around playing on the floor.  I was trying to cook dinner and nothing I did could make them quiet.  They ran around the house yelling and waving their arms.  They were both five and they were so loud.  Remind me never to watch them again.  They are so crazy!  I finally was able to get them to bed when I heard it.  It was a strange noise.  Erie.  I walked upstairs to where the noise was coming from.  The Attic!  There was a kind of glowing blue light.  I reached out to touch it...

The missing posters went up around town.  A fourteen-year-old girl,  she was said to be babysitting when she disappeared.  Nobody could ever find her.  
poem 1 comment challenge: Trees

The Elder Tree's

They sway in the breeze
They are quiet as can be
If you were to speak to one
It would not be just for fun

They answer back, voices old
There is much wisdom that they hold
They speak softly in your ear
Many old secrets you will hear

Then nothing else will matter 
You will not hear the worlds chatter
And should you ever meet again
Take notes from this wise tree with a pen

For someday, you will be like them
An old wise tree friend
Sweet and Kind 
With a large bright mind

The Words who describe colors

Letters and Words twist
They imagine each color
Each one different
Each one sweet 

The red like a ripe cherry
Happy and merry 
It plays with perspective 
It takes over Adjectives

Orange fresh and smart
Their tangy sweet flavor and sweet loving heart
They cover all words in need of it
And protect those that could use a friend

Yellow bright as a summers day
Never found without play
They're always Merry and glad
So they can cheer up others that are sad

Green is soft and gentle
They dapple in fresh morning light
and spread their wings before taking flight
They soar above the evening sun and dip way down into night

Blue as dark as the evening sky 
old and wise as can be
they teach the others to spread their love
And they will be watching from the stars above

Purple calm and quiet
they relax and stretch back

The Phone Call

She answered the phone with shaking hands.  She knew who it was,  had she not been expecting it?  "Hello" she breathed into the receiver.  
"Nancy Clark," A deep voice said, " You have been notified of this before,  The board has made up their minds.  You will have 3 weeks to pack.  Until further notice you, Nancy Clark, have been evicted from your home.'
She sobbed for hours curled up on the step of her house her house.  It was hers, She couldn't leave.  Couldn't leave. "No" that was Nancy Juniper Clarks last word, for she fell asleep in the cold night.  

poem 0 comments challenge: Reality

When Fall Goes Away

In autumn a young child opened their eyes
 They saw the world and all its colors
They saw the crisp fall leaves, all the bright reds, and yellows 
 They smiled at the sky
Then They cried
They cried because no matter how beautiful  the world was right now
It wouldn't last
It would go away in a few months 
Then the grass would turn to sludge
The warm fall breeze would be a chilling screaming wind
The pretty leaves would fall off leaving the trees bare and empty 
The world would all be empty
                                           white
                                                    cold
The child thought of this as he cried 
Then he got up and walked back to his home to wait out winter

humor 1 comment challenge: Genie

The Cat

The cat was walking along with an itch.  It was so uncomfortable.  Right on its back.  The WORST place ever.  He was just trying to itch it.  He swears.  He rubbed his back against a post.  It was too smooth though and didn't really help.  Then he found the perfect lamp that had a design on it.  It was so perfect.  Almost to perfect,  The cat would have questioned it but he was too busy scratching his itch to question it.  Then out of nowhere a genie popped out POOF!  The cat was so startled it let one go as we could say.  Then it turned to the genie and in catel asked what he was doing here.  The genie responded in catel that the cat had three wishes and all the genie stuff blah blah blah.   The cat asked for the three things that came to him.  His first request was more food.

humor 0 comments challenge: Genie

The Cat

fiction 0 comments challenge: Key

The Key

I first realize I am alive when the hammer first comes down on me.  I look at myself through a mirror someone has put in front of me. I am glowing hot and the size of your hand.  The hammer comes down again pounding me into a flat square of metal. Then the person that was hammering me leaves.  I am left alone in the dark, cold room where the blacksmith does his work. It is a long night and in the morning I get bored.   Then some while later the blacksmith comes back down and works on other pieces of metal. Then he puts me in a box with other metal squares and seals the box.  It is dark for what seems like a lifetime, but then since I was only made yesterday it probably is. After what must be days there is a ripping noise. A finger of light streams down on us. Then blinding lights are above us as we slide out of the box.  Then rough fingers are on me taking me up and out of that dark box and laying us in rows on the counter. Then he leaves us and starts unpacking another box.