The summer season

My favorite season is easily the summer. I really enjoy the summer in many different ways. First off, there is no school, no homework. I just get to hang out with my friends and relax. My brother was also born on August 2nd, so we get to celebrate his birthday, which is always fun. My brother and I also normally stay at our family’s houses in New York for a week or two by ourselves. We stay either with our grandma at her house or our aunt at her house. It’s very enjoyable because we have a lot of cousins in New York, we watch fireworks, we go out to eat and much more. We normally go around the Fourth of July and watch the fireworks together and go swimming in their pool. At my aunt’s house we walk down to the neighborhood park and watch the fireworks. At the park almost everybody goes there or around there so there are normally a lot of people and it was fun. At my grandma’s house they have a lot of land so we just all relax on their front lawn and watch the fireworks. My grandma also has a fourwheeler so I like to drive it around all throughout their humongous backyard.  The pool is at my aunt’s house, they recently put a deck in with it which makes it much more enjoyable because we can now jump in.  During the summer, we sometimes camp-sometimes by ourselves, sometimes with friends or family. Taking our dog Henry for a walk is always nice during the summer with the nice warm weather, and if it's hot enough sometimes, we go swimming after the walk.

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy