Me and eM.

A spirit that guards and protects. Something impossible, others say. Whenever I hear that, I just shake my head and laugh because… I’ve been able to see my spirit from when I was born. My spirit’s name is eM. Oh sure, at first it was pretty scary. Seeing a ball of water no larger than my fist floating around me and talking! For goodness sake. Yes, I was scared of the floating, talking water, but more so that I might be delusional. You know, the type of people that others call “lunatics.” I would run away from it during the first few times it appeared. Yes, it just appears whenever it wants to. Gradually, I became less and less afraid. I became more and more curious as to what this ball of floating water was. You might ask, is it always in the form of floating water? Well…no. Sometimes it appears as a young woman, a little girl, an animal, and… an old wiry man with a really long beard. It’s pretty funny. Whenever I get sad, my spirit comes to comfort me. Although we might argue or fight, I know that deep down, my spirit loves me and I love it too. Or should I say, my spirit is me.    

LQL

CA

More by LQL

• By LQL

After Lights Out

The door was locked, the light turned off. Something waited and then in the far corner of the room a shape started to wobble. A pair of eyes and a mouth appeared on the surface of a…desk?!
  • By LQL

Wrong Tags Branded

A human lies above me. Her snores sounded loudly against the hollow room, echoing. I’m afraid, afraid of all humans, not just her. It seems weird, a monster being afraid of a human? Never heard of it, but it’s true. My family doesn't understand me.