Letter To Santa 2021

Dear Santa,
It's me again. Whitney. I’m writing to you today in a suspended moment of frustration and disappointment. This world has become so messy I can barely walk without tripping, gagging or falling. I’m sorry to say but this year my list is much longer than in years past. Life has been insane. And not in a good way. The creatures that roam this earth are anything but human. At least they must be, for I don’t understand how any human could treat another the way they treat each other. So in this season of miracles and magic I write you this letter in unbelieving faith that maybe just maybe… one of the many wishes on my list may come true. 

1. I want Christmas cheer to be ignited in the hearts of all. May they spend the holidays with a smile on their lips and a heart oozing with love.
2. I want those sick and in pain to heal so that they may spend the holidays with family and friends.
3. I want politics to stop uprooting people's lives. Can’t people have civil disagreements?
4. I want people to think before they speak. They still haven’t learned the affliction of their words.
5. I want hate to dissipate and love to thrive.
6. I want everyone everywhere to have a plentiful meal on their table at least for the holidays.
7. I want there to be warm clothes on the backs of the entire human race, no exceptions.
8. I want our environment's health and proper beauty to be restored.
9. I want those serving their countries to spend the holidays at home with loved ones.
10. I want equitable opportunities given to all.
11. I want those mourning to feel the comfort of God’s promising hands.
12. I want neighbors to connect. Whether their views on life be different or not, may they care for each other in both times of need and triumph. We are stronger together. 
13. I want kids everywhere to feel safe coming to school. 
14.I want everyone to have enough confidence in themselves to follow their dreams. 
15. I want peace. 
16. I want hope, love and laughter to be the building blocks of society. 
17. I want faith in our omnipotent God to rise in the hearts of all. 
18. I want the entire human race to be happy. Even just for a day. 
19. I want people to be nice, considerate, caring and kind. May our world be made up of compliments instead of complaints. 
20. I want the pandemic to be over. Curtains for covid.

Despite how hard I try, I know these words fall on deaf ears. Never will your magic touch the words I write nor spin them into reality. I am but a dreamer. Dreams are never fake but never solid either. The Christmas spirit supports me for now. Till next year…

Forever a dreamer,
Whitney 

Whitney

More by Whitney

• Awaiting An Invitation

Tree limbs dance in
    the breeze of baited breath,
    roots threaten to break ground zero.
    time;
    too much
    too little
    only the trees understand 
    me

glass stregthens
    mirrors melt
    clouds converge and darkness reigns
  • By Whitney

Sentenced

I am guilty

The bars which restrain me
    are but my own fault

I am guilty

The lifeless walls
    frozen, unfeeling
    yield no give as I fight to break free

My crimes:
    To want,
    the stars 
  • By Whitney

Only A Memory

The wind
    brushes my cheek, with a kiss. 
    Neck craned, my eyes
    skim the sky in bliss

The scene before me,
    a canvas to interpret,
    I stare, deep within the soul of each star
    this game I refuse to forfeit.