The Portal Adventure

“ Too bad it's rainy out,” I said to my friend Wylie. We were just about to go outside and go on a walk. We decided that we would just put on our raincoats and deal with the rain. But when I opened the door to go outside I felt a huge gust of wind and then I started spinning and poof! I was wearing a bathing suit on a sunny and warm beach! I have no idea how this happened, and I was really confused. I looked all around until I saw Wylie a few yards further down the beach. I ran down to her, and she explained to me that she thinks there was a portal on my door back at the house. We decided that we might as well have as much fun as we could since we were here. Well, to be honest, we didn't exactly know where we were. 

After about an hour of swimming in the ocean, we got hungry. We didn't know how to get back home so we went to the snack bar to get some food. But when we opened the door we felt another huge gust of wind and started spinning again, before…  poof! We were wearing ski gear sitting next to a smoldering fire in a ski lodge. We were really excited because now it was time to start another adventure skiing somewhere we had never been before. Well… once again we didn't actually know where we were. 

But who cares we were starving and there was a pizza sitting in front of us that looked and tasted delectable! 

After eating we went outside and were skiing for 2 hours before we started getting tired and wished we knew how to get back home. After about 1 hour more of skiing and trying to come up with a plan to get back home, we realized that all we had to do was walk through another door and it might take us home. So we walked back toward the lodge, and when we opened the door sure enough there was a huge gust of wind, and we started spinning before… poof! We were back at my house! Finally, we made it back home, after a very fun day! 

Summit House-WCS

More by Summit House-WCS