Yellow Clay (Continued)

My feet pound into the frozen ground as I  dash to the icy blue waters. In one sudden leap I thrust myself back into its bone chilling depths. The fire zipping through my veins pulls my lips to the surface to gulp for air. I dive under reaching for a purchase on the sandy ground and grasp at a jagged boulder that pierces above the wild and chaotic river. Then using the rock as leverage, I push under the rapids and peer into the murky darkness, searching for a blazing flare.
     I nearly gasp, letting out precious air as I glimpse I shocking electric blue light seeping out from under a thick layer of sand. I set to scraping the sand away, fingers bleeding, until finally the light is in full view, pulsing slightly. I press my bloody wrist to its smooth surface and breath deeply pulling water into my lungs through my nose. In a flash my body is sucked through the light.
     I find myself drenched on the frozen shore, that I left just moments ago, gasping for air, coughing up water. I drag myself to my feet and glance at my wrist. Against my skin two colors throb side by side. Red then blue. 
     I press my finger against the red where my skin had been split. I feel a warmth burst through my hand. Along the cut is the blue light. I press it. The water clinging to me glows blue and recedes to the light, gathering, then disappearing beneath my finger. I drag my finger over the missing spaces. An ache splits through my forehead, causing me to cry out. 
     I blink my eyes begging my pounding heart to slow it's pace. I stare up at the pines surrounding the smoldering fire. Their piney scent reaches my nostrils and I breathe in their calm aura. I stride, full of purpose and stand before one of the beckoning trees. 

Zorro

More by Zorro

• thoughts

Winter is coming.

Silently with chapped lips and 

breath in the cool air.

But, I think I'll finish this 

half-baked thought later 

when winter has come and gone.

• Ghost

Once a sweet violet syrup of passion,
    now the bitter acid of indifference.

Once a giddiness like rays of sun on your lips in the spring,
    now a cold careless ghost of the past.

I indulged in the newness,
  • Floating

My head is in the sky with those puffy white clouds of giddiness and
    A foggy understanding of what is to come is all that inhabits my brain.
    My skin is warmed by hot star energy and the smile pulling at the corners of my lips