I Feel Alive

I feel alive when I can feel the wind blowing through my hair. When I can hear the birds chirping and the streams running. I feel alive when I see all the leaves changing color around me, a way of nature telling us that winter is on its way. I feel alive when I can look into the sky, and see nothing, but everything at the same time. When I hear all of the progress that is being made in the world. I feel alive when I can look at the ocean, and see nothing but what lies beneath it.

I feel alive when I don't feel the wind of cars rushing by me. When I’m not hearing the sound of trucks honking their horns, as if it will make people go any faster. I feel alive when I don't see all the forest’s turning into wildfires, where they will never be able to warn of winter coming again. I feel alive when I don't look into the sky and see only the smoke and gas going into the sky, destroying the one thing that keeps us from frying like an egg. When I don't hear on the news all the riots and mayhem going on in the world, how people are being harmed while I am doing nothing about it. I don't feel alive when I look into the ocean and all I can see is a blanket for trash covering its surface.

I feel alive.

Ada123

More by Ada123

• Oak Tree

I walked past a crumbling stone wall; it was covered in moss, and acorn shells littered between the rocks showed that squirrels had once been there. The stone wall ended, leaving a gap between where the wall would start up again.
  • Darkness

The darkness can be black, blue, purple. It can be a place, it can be a feeling. It can be scary, it can be mysterious, it can even be inviting in a strange way.
  • Empty

Empty.

Everything is empty.

A woman sits on a tall rock,

Waiting for the sun to rise.

Empty.

She walks along the shoreline,

She sees the waves wash over her feet,

But she can not feel it.