The wind

The Wind.
It was time. It was time for my spirit to pass from this complex world with amazing to disgusting sights and smells, beautiful and ear-piercing sounds to taste of sweetness and sourness. I had heard that the wind would guide my spirit to the next world. I had always been afraid of the wind as it howled in the night and whipped my windows while I tried to sleep. When the world started fading from my old sight I felt my heartbeat quicken. Then There was total darkness. But there was a strangely familiar voice in the darkness that made me feel safe. “ Wake up,” the voice said softly. I could feel my body moving and then there was light. But it was not warm and welcome. It was a bright light of the room I died in. I felt a slight breeze. When I opened my mouth to talk no words came out. But instead, a metallic taste filled my ghostly mouth. But the taste was like words to me. I felt my body swiftly move from the room to the outside city. I was far from the ground and then I started plummeting faster and faster. I stopped abruptly. There was no one here. Everything seemed so clean in this empty city. Then I heard the same voice I had heard from the void of darkness. “Follow me to your final destination,” It said almost like the voice was sad to say it.

“Who are you?,” I yelled.

“Thing that used to frighten you the most. I am the wind that carried you from the darkness and now I will bring you to the light.”

“You never answered my question who are you?”
“I have just answered your question of who I am but perhaps the question is What am I ?”

“What are you ?”

“The wind that whipped your windows so many years ago, the wind that howled your name in the night.”

The wind then became solid. It looked human but off at some angles. It looked like it was made of moving bits of glass. I looked into its eyes and felt warmth flood over my cold body. It reached out a hand. “Take my hand,” it softly commanded. I slowly reached for the hand. It was almost like a fluffy cloud and Isaw the ground quickly fading from my feet. Then I was in space. I dropped again and then there were clouds everywhere. Two enormous golden gates loomed above me. The breeze picked up near my face and whispered, “goodbye my friend I will see you soon,” and then there was silence and stillness. I was still. There was n where I had to be and time seemed to be irrelevant. I walked slowly to the gates and with a shaky hand, I pushed the gates open.

Oultyc