Reverence

Moms, the ones who can always find something you lost even in places you have already looked. The person you can always go to for advice. The one who can pick you up when your feeling down. 
    Moms, they get you where you need to go and support you on even the littlest things. They know when things are off and not right. They are proud of even your smallest achievements. They smile when you smile and frown when your down.
    It is for these reasons that I revere moms. Even if they make you mad at times or you make them mad you always make up in the end. Without moms we wouldn’t be here and know what we know today. It’s important to have a strong respect for your mom and even your dad. For most parents you’re their number one priority and they do more than care about you. 
    People don’t give others the respect they deserve and parents deserve some of the most respect. I revere those who put time and effort towards others to help them succeed in life and be happy. The least we could do is recognize and respect them for their actions. 

rylee.mclam@oxbowhs.org

More by rylee.mclam@oxbowhs.org

• Starry

As I step outside onto the front porch,
    All that's there is the dark night sky and the cold midnight breeze on my face.
    I feel alone,
    There’s nothing,
    I see nothing,
    I feel nothing. 

But then,
    I look up.
  • record breaker

If I could break a world record it would be how many animals I could rescue in a year. There are many animals around the world that are either being abused or taken out of their habitats.
  • Rainbow

At the end of the rainbow,
    Where the color meets land,
    Wonders happen.

Some say there is no such thing. 
    Others believe there’s gold. 
    Or maybe there’s a whole new world.

Walking through the wide open field.