Boost

There is good in everybody. Boost. Don’t knock. Everyone is good at something different. Don’t bring someone down if they aren’t as good at something that you are. When someone does something good for someone else in school or the community show them that you noticed. Boost their confidence and help make them feel proud for making a difference and helping someone out. You would want to feel proud of yourself and have people notice and congratulate you for doing something good, wouldn’t you?

To boost someone and not knock them down is to find the good in them. It’s not to think they are bad at something so they are not good people. If you can tell someone is struggling on a test tell them they are doing great. Boost their confidence. Don’t knock them down. Don’t tell them they suck. Don’t say “wow, how do you not know this.” Give others a second chance, help encourage, help to boost people up and find the good in them. It makes everyone including yourself feel good. 

rylee.mclam@oxbowhs.org

More by rylee.mclam@oxbowhs.org

• Starry

As I step outside onto the front porch,
    All that's there is the dark night sky and the cold midnight breeze on my face.
    I feel alone,
    There’s nothing,
    I see nothing,
    I feel nothing. 

But then,
    I look up.
  • record breaker

If I could break a world record it would be how many animals I could rescue in a year. There are many animals around the world that are either being abused or taken out of their habitats.
  • Rainbow

At the end of the rainbow,
    Where the color meets land,
    Wonders happen.

Some say there is no such thing. 
    Others believe there’s gold. 
    Or maybe there’s a whole new world.

Walking through the wide open field.