A Sight to See

I could not believe the mystique of all the little bodies of water through the fog as we were coming in for the landing above Tampa Florida early on a mid November morning. It seemed as if there was a small pond or large lake within every 50 yards from the next. As we got closer the tiny little cars on the roads that went over the ocean became visible. The sun was rising and the palm trees were everywhere you looked. It felt almost unreal. Leaving VT at 3a.m. with the gloomy snow and stepping off the plane into Summer weather. It was weird to see all the Floridians wearing there winter hats and sweatshirts. The bright sun on the silky sandy beach glistening on the little grains. It really was a mystique sight to see.  

rylee.mclam@oxbowhs.org

More by rylee.mclam@oxbowhs.org

• Starry

As I step outside onto the front porch,
    All that's there is the dark night sky and the cold midnight breeze on my face.
    I feel alone,
    There’s nothing,
    I see nothing,
    I feel nothing. 

But then,
    I look up.
  • record breaker

If I could break a world record it would be how many animals I could rescue in a year. There are many animals around the world that are either being abused or taken out of their habitats.
  • Rainbow

At the end of the rainbow,
    Where the color meets land,
    Wonders happen.

Some say there is no such thing. 
    Others believe there’s gold. 
    Or maybe there’s a whole new world.

Walking through the wide open field.