Daily Challenges: A new idea to explore and create each day. Use sound and photos, too!

Martin Luther King Jr. was driven by his beliefs: His religious faith, his belief in the worth of each individual person and his belief in the desperate need for Black people to be treated with equality and respect and given the opportunities they deserved. He also believed in non-violence; he believed that by protesting with strength, persistence and non-violence, his message could not be ignored. As you look at yourself, what internal belief(s) do you have that you think define(s) who you are, what you do and how you conduct yourself? How do you apply that belief in actions and how might you use it to shape your world in the future? #pastchallenge #mlk

This challenge was part of a series that took its inspiration from the life, works and values of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., whose legacy is a lens through which we ask participants to examine current events, issues and personal experiences. This series aims to help participants initiate conversations, articulate their views, raise awareness and instigate change around social inequities. It was developed in partnership with the 2016 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Committee at Dartmouth College.