Haunted

I wake up with sweat dripping down my face. I was dreaming about a very old creepy house that I pass on the way to school. The windows were smashed and the door was always open just a little bit. I got up and got dressed for school. While I was eating breakfast, I thought about the dream and how the door to the house was jammed shut. The thing that creeped me out the most about the dream was that there was a light that was flickering, which didn’t make sense because there was no power in the house. The light would go out though after this weird shadow would pass in front of it. After 30 seconds or so the light would come back on again, only to be put out by the shadow. The shadow was strangely growing larger, much larger. When the shadow was about 7 feet tall I heard a scream in the dream from deep inside the house and I woke up. I decided not to go to school so I could go investigate the house. When I got to the house, it was no different than any other day the door was slightly opened just like every other day so I walked inside. As soon as I walked through the door, I heard deep groaning coming from the basement. I slowly walked down the basement stairs and saw something horrific. A shadow started walking towards me. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could but the Shadow grabbed me by the leg and started pulling me down the stairs. He was about to throw me in some kind of portal to another dimension when an old man with long silky grey hair ran through the door. He then whipped out some kind of glowing  stone and hurled it at the shadow. The shadow disappeared and then he jumped into the portal but before he did, he also threw a stone at me and made me feel very powerful. I left the house and my life has changed forever…..

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy