Tigerstar's Death

Tigerstar’s Death

I read a book series called “Warriors” by Erin Hunter. It is about cats who fight and live by a warrior code. There was one scene that gave chills. It was the death of Tigerstar. Tigerstar was a bloodthirsty tom who would do anything for power, even if it meant murder. One day, Tigerstar brought in a small clan by the name of Bloodclan. Their leader, Scrouge, was promised land if he helped Tigerstar to get the other clans to join him. Scourge refused to fight, so Tigerstar leaped at Scourge, yowling “Traitor!” Scourge dodged the leap of the massive tabby. Scourge unsheathed his dog sized claws, and he scratched Tigerstar’s shoulder deeply, sending him to the ground. Once he was down, Scourge sliced open Tigerstar’s neck and belly, slicing open 9 organs. Tigerstar quickly lost his nine lives and died Of course the rest of the cats were shocked, and so was I. You might have expected me to be sad, but no, I was happy. Tigerstar killed so many cats that I loved. He killed kits, apprentices, leaders, deputies, and more, but he didn't feel any shame. Now that he was gone the four clans lived in peace. Though not until Scourge and Bloodclan was gone. . The reason this scene gave me chills was all the blood and gore. I’m further in the books so I'm used to it by now. I love this book series and maybe you will too!

Thetford Academy

YWP Instructor

More by Thetford Academy