Each year we ask students to send us a story, poem or an essay about winter. They can focus on the holidays or the seasons -- the weather, the outdoors or the emotions. The work can be real or made up. Long or short.
From the submissions we receive, up to a dozen students' work is selected for dramatic presentation by the professional actors with the Vermont Stage Company in early December, as part of their series of Winter Tales shows. If you've never had your work read to an audience, we can safely say it is an experience you will never forget.
The deadline for 2009 Winter Tales has passed.
How to submit?
* Log in. (Click "Not a YWP member?" to create an account.)
* Click "create a newspaper Entry"
* Fill out "title," "author name, school & grade." Select "winter tales" in the "prompt" box.
* Paste your Winter Tale into "body."
* Click "Save." You are done.
NOTES: Your account email and contact information must be accurate and complete; a "blog" entry must be resubmitted as an ENTRY to be considered.