Flowers

Flowers

Your pain can grow flowers

Rising up from the ground

Strong and beautiful

A million tiny heartbreaks

In every petal

Writer1326

Amelia_v

The Voice

October 2023

• instructions on growing up

If you wrap your hand around your mother's wrist your fingers will touch. How do you come to terms with that? How do you learn that your father's shoulders can no longer bear your weight, can barely h...

• Life's painting

I yearn to see this life as a painting.I want to see the colors that are mixed in, The colors I have not yet seen,The colors that would spiral into blackness, Textures that would bellow for help When ...

• My Childhood Home

My childhood home is filled with plants,plants that we never waterbut are somehow still alive.Its island is littered with junk mail,different types of olive oil,stray flakes of salt,and packages of wi...

• An Afternoon Moon

Somewhere outside of Philadelphia,there is a small island in a pond shaped like a boomerang.When I tilt my chin to the heavens,I wonder which foolish godthrew it to this barren part of earth?I sarcast...

• A Forever of Tomorrows

Never forget this moment my child, the moment you began to feel, The moment you first felt alive. It was night, And you felt the burden of the world on your shoulders, But the horizon at your fingert...

• Flowers

Your pain can grow flowersRising up from the groundStrong and beautifulA million tiny heartbreaksIn every petal

• Birthday

It seems a bit strange, in retrospect, how we have one day to celebrate the passing of a year; as if that day could encompass all of the things you have done in those 12 months; as though you are real...

• Our translation

1; We are born into this love, this idea of love. It is what begins to form us, much like spring with budding leaves ...2; We start to grow up and we number our years, count down the days for moments ...

• The Silence Market

In a world where every digital breakthrough to age-old traditions stood as symbols of our progression, it wasn’t the advancements themselves that captivated us, but the revolution of our words. The "W...

• A Poem of Mythical Beasts

There’s a story to tell,one of dragons and queens.A story that’s as alluring as a bell —in the dead of night, when all is not what it seems.When the stars align, showing the way of the earth,allowing ...

• Certain

This is what I know to be undeniably true: 1. No matter how much I wait or how much help I receive I still have to save myself.2. Nobody will ever truly know me as well as I do.3. The memory those ha...

• The Start of a Change

Why should anyone alive today actually care about climate change? This is a sentiment held by many people, even if they do not realize it. The vast majority of people are aware that it is happening, a...

• event horizon

event horizon–boundary of a black hole beyond which not even light can escape–a point of no return so imagine, my dear, a color that is not a color that is colorless, if you will, because a void is wh...