Scorpio and Scorpions

Hello, my name is Morticia. I live in Chill Hollow, on the outskirts of Nebraska. I am twelve years old. My zodiac sign is Scorpio. I live with my two parents, little sister and pets. Normal right… Not me. My pets happen to be scorpions. Let me take you back seven years ago… Me and my family were on a trip in Arizona, we were taking a hike up snake mountain. At that point in my life I loved all wildlife. On that hike we saw owls, wolves, and even a bear, it was the best experience of my life, and then… I discovered a scorpion. I was only five years old so I picked it up… Then everything went black. 

The next thing I remember is waking up in the hospital bed, my whole body searing with pain, as if somebody had dumped an entire pot of boiling hot oil all over me. The pain was so excruciating I could barely move, I succumbed to the soft bed. I stayed in the hospital for two weeks and when I finally went home something felt different. From that day on I had an odd connection with scorpions, it almost felt like I was a scorpion. Odd things started happening. I always sit in darkness, I don’t like others, I don't have friends, and oh yeah I have two stingers on my forearms. 

So yeah, that's me. Now the only thing I have in the world are my two pet scorpions (who I can talk to), Fred and Beetle. They are my world. Until one day I came home and they were gone… I found a note: I stole Fred and Beetle. If you want them back you must find me. – Brittney The Baddie

Posted in response to the challenge Spiders.

Summit House-WCS

YWP Instructor

More by Summit House-WCS