Falling for Fall

To me fall is more than just waiting for Halloween and the intimidation of Winter. It's about picking apples, eating cider donuts and warm apple cider, picking pumpkins and roasting the seeds, thinking you picked the best one, just to find a better one. Going on hikes and watching the leaves change. Being cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon just to be cold again in the evening. To me it feels special. One of my favorite fall memories is jumping in leaf piles with my brother and my dogs. We what until all the leaves have fallen, then we rake them all into one big pile, count to three and jump!  All the other seasons have the thing they're known for; winter is known for snow, summer is known for hot weather, spring is known for flowers blooming and the Earth waking up from the cold Dreary winter. I guess you could say Fall is known for the leaves changing or the weather slowly getting colder, and in a way, that's true. But it's also so much more, whether it's pumpkin picking eating cider donuts, drinking warm apple cider picking pumpkins and roasting the seeds or even just thinking about winter and picking out your Halloween costume, Fall the a time for family, friends, food, but most of all fall is about being with the people you love. 

Posted in response to the challenge Fall: Writing.

Summit House-WCS

More by Summit House-WCS