laforcek's picture

Slam Poem

Why do people have to pretend to be someone else, other than themselves? What’s the point wasting money on stuff that goes on your face and only last for a day just to impress someone else? Changing your style so you can fit in with others. Trying to get into the new trends. Getting social media and posting things you don’t even like. It might not be all the time, but it’s most. Getting new things to show off, that they don’t even want? Proving yourself worthy to be one of those popular kids. What’s the point for all of it? How can you live with yourself not actually being your own self? Is there a problem showing your true colors.
“ Should I get this? Would she like these new pair of shoes no, but I think she would?” 
“ Should I send I don’t know or yes. I have to seem cool in a way, for them to like me?” 
“ Should I do my makeup different then usually or the same? ugh.”
 When will people notice that they don’t have to prove their self to be like any other person in the world. What’s wrong with being unique and amazing? Why can’t people make a difference?
“ Hmmm what should I wear? Would he like this dress or this shirt and skirt?”
“ Should I post this picture? I’m going to text Lily if I should.”
“ I CAN'T FIND MY CONTACTS!!!! I CAN NOT WEAR MY GLASSES”
People shouldn’t waste their time putting paint all over their face, or dye all their hair because others are deciding to do it. Why do people think about others thoughts other than their own? What’s so much more important about theirs then oneself? They spend so much time thinking about what they think, but what about there self, What do they think?
laforcek's picture
About the Author: laforcek