Forgotten

Forgotten

The forgotten things are here
And the forgotten things are there
All the forgotten things are everywhere
Up and down the street
Just beneath our feet
And floating through the air
Forgotten things do not feel jealousy
Or envy
Or rage
For the new and remembered
They just rest contented
At their ripe old age
For though you don't remember
Their impact was not small
You may not need them again
For you think their time is through
But forgotten things aren’t useless
For they feel brand new
You may think you’ve forgotten
But that is not quite true
For you had forgotten things
And forgotten things had you.

Jazmine_Juniper

Tatum

The Voice

February 2024

• Fixing What Is Broken

When the world is at its darkest days,Turn the light on.When someone is lost,Find themHold themAnd assure themThat everything will be okay. When push comes to shove,Embrace everythingAnd make room for...

• They Are Watching Us

They are watching us, if that’s what it takes. They are waiting, waiting, waiting, for our decisions that will mean their life or death, and that of their planet. We can wait, watch, hope they are abl...

• Fearless & Aimless

I would caution you with tales of what happened to the aimless,but if you truly are aimless, you are also fearless.And you will have no fear of the danger in any story;you shall simply yearn for the a...

• Forgotten

The forgotten things are hereAnd the forgotten things are thereAll the forgotten things are everywhereUp and down the streetJust beneath our feetAnd floating through the airForgotten things do not fee...

• Vulnerable love

Crescent moon eyes with cheeks bunched up belowA smile and laugh that creates warm swellsThe small moments of interest you showYou ask what I am doing, so I tell.You tease, I tease back — these moment...

• In the Woods

In the woods,All is silent but for the twinkling sounds of falling snowFlakes descending, like crystals They are bejeweled with angles that dazzle and delight, so delicateEach one unique among million...

• The Mirror

A wall of reflectionsI see you, as you berate yourself,day inand day out, about your imperfections. I am a wallbetween the youyou want to be,and the youthat you are. I show you the truth,or at leastw...

• Mountain View

Rippling white-capped waves unfold –Like sea, the sky they brave. Treacherous white-capped tops –Like spilled milk under sun spots Drift to the edge of horizon –Of terrain that is infinite

• The Watcher

Cars go by.Snow and rain falls.Seasons change.But through it all, she is there. In the same spot, everyday, all day, the watcher is there.Her sleek black hair effortlessly flowing around her gentle fr...

• The Lonely Beetle

The green lonely beetle tracked long through high rivers and the underpass. By 6 pm it delivered a little girl with crooked cut bangs to a little tan house.An old dying maple once stood, its autumn le...

• Lost in Time

I'll find you in the golden hourI see your eyes in the treeswhen the world, for an hour, is rimmed with glowI'll look for you in the leaves. I'll find you in the pink hourI see your smile in the skywh...

• Our Road

Life is a roadAccording to a lot of people.But they like to talk about things likeThe forks in the road (our decisions)OrThe bumps on the road (little problems)OrWhat cars we share the road with (the ...

• One Night Only

Just to escape the hassle of home.Just to avoid the whisper-yelling into phones.Just to burst free from the stifling bedroom she kept with such love.She set out. If only to glimpse the eerie shadow th...

• The Lonely Wanderer

As the sun sets, and the dusk sinks into the world just like any night, the lonely wanderer treks up his mountain, once again. Nobody knows who he is, or where he came from. He’s essentially a folk ta...