Recent School Gun Incidents

In an effort to provide you with factual information about the recent school shooting events, YWP is compiling links to professional news accounts. Here is a listing. If you know of other important stories to include here, please add links to the comment section. Thanks. GG

Vermont

St. Albans high school evacuated after shooting threat
vtdigger.org, Feb. 21, 2018
For the second day in a row a Franklin County high school closed early and sent students home in response to a threat of a school shooting.

Students were released just after noon on Wednesday from Bellows Free Academy in St. Albans, after the school received a note threatening a shooting at the school later in the afternoon, according to the St. Albans Police Department. ...

Two new school threats follow Fair Haven lockdown
vtdigger.org, Feb. 20, 2018
Schools in Colchester and Fairfax this week confronted threats amid the fallout from last week’s arrest of a teenager in Fair Haven, who is now facing charges that could carry a life sentence.

On Monday, Colchester High School student Alex Cardosi, 18, allegedly told another student he was going to “shoot up the school,” according to the Colchester Police Department. ... In Franklin County on Tuesday, Bellows Free Academy Fairfax went into “lockdown” and sent students home early after administrators were informed of a threatening message sent to a student via Facebook. ...

Teenager denies school shooting plot; Governor says allegations ‘jolted me’
vtdigger.org, Feb. 16, 2018
RUTLAND — Police say an 18-year-old Poultney man told them he planned to shoot up his former high school in Fair Haven, inspired by the two killers who carried out the mass shooting at Columbine High School in Colorado nearly two decades ago.
Jack Sawyer also told police of a notebook he kept where he wrote down his preparations for carrying out his plot, titled, “The Journal of an Active Shooter,” according to court records released Friday. ...