Youth Job Fair

The Vermont Department of Labor in partnership with the City of Burlington's Community and Economic Development Office (CEDO); My Brother's Keeper Initiative; and Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront (BPR&W) are hosting a job fair for youth this April 25th at the O.N.E. Community Center, 20 Allen St., Burlington.
This job fair is part of the ‘Jobs for Youth Initiative’ to assist youth, ages 16 to 24, who face barriers securing employment and/or discovering a career path. The job fair is open to all.
The Vermont Department of Labor (VDOL) will provide tailored workshops from 10:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. to assist youth in the completion of applications, mock interviewing, job search skills and exploring career pathways. Employers and training providers will participate from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., offering participants an opportunity to explore summer jobs, internships, careers, and apprenticeships that do not require a college degree.
This is the third year the City of Burlington has participated in the event, offering youth opportunities for summer jobs and internships. The Jobs for Youth Fair aligns with the City’s goal of providing youth greater access to opportunities for employment, education, and community leadership.
BPR&W will be proving transportation shuttles at the top of the hour from Franklin Square Apartments, Burlington High School, Riverside Apartments, south Meadow Apartments, Bobbin Mill Apartments, 311 North Ave.