The Secret Within

« Nice shirt Hanna! » I turn around to see Kana my sister sneering at me, her face full of obvious contempt . « You look as good as that stupid doctor of yours does, which is to say ugly! » Behind her, the mindless Kana-clones giggle and give her high fives. I clench my fists together in a tight ball. Doctor Christine Ford is not stupid. Not a bit. I don’t even understand how Kana can hate her after all that she has been through. « She isn’t stupid!! » I yell. « Whatever. » Kana rolls her eyes. « Go crawl back into the hole you came from. Come on girls. » I scream silently after her, protesting all the things that she says to me. She sashays around the corner and I reluctantly turn back to my locker. As I fiddle with my combination, something hits me full on in the face. Red blackness overcomes my vision and I sink to my knees in pain. Suddenly, by some unseen force, I am jerked to my feet. My head is thrown back and my my mouth issues a scream that sends spikes of terror down my back. My scream is a beautiful horror of pain and suffering. Then my vision goes away. Blackness consumes me. I try to cry out but somehow I can’t find my voice. Through the empty halls of my mind the scream is still there. Echoing, echoing...