Various Love Songs

I've always been a hopeless romantic, so of course, I had to choose my favorite love songs for this occasion.

"When She Cries" is a country love song performed by the band Restless Heart, written by Sonny LeMaire and Marc Beeson. It was released in August of 1992, in Restless Heart''s first album not to feature lead singer Larry Stewart.

The road I have traveled on
Is paved with good intentions
And littered with broken dreams
That never quite came true
When all of my hopes were dyin'
Her love kept me tryin'
She does her best to hide
The pain that she's been through

(Chorus)
When she cries at night
And she doesn't think that I can hear 
She tries to hide
All the fear she feels inside
So I pray this time
I can be the man that she deserves
'Cause I die a little each time
When she cries

This song resonates with me solely on the fact that yes, I love romance. I admit it! I've always loved romance since I was a little girl. This song tells of a man who loves his significant other and is saddened by her crying at night. She's a strong woman who must've been through a lot (like myself), and she tries to hide it from him. 
Altogether, it's a really beautiful, although depressing, love song.

The next song is "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi, and American 80's Rock group. It was released as their first single from their 1986 album Slippery When Wet (which also has my favorite song by them on it: "Livin' On a Prayer"). It was written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and Desmond Child. 

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darlin', you give love a bad name

An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free
Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah
Oh, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

(Chorus)
Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)
You give love, a bad name

This song is such a great song! It tells the story of a woman who has left her significant other. Jon sings it so well! 
I can't say I relate to this much, since I've never actually been in a relationship with someone... although, I have been rejected, but that's about as close as I got. I really can't imagine myself getting into a serious relationship until I go to college... but I don't know. 
With rejection, yes, it hurts. A LOT. But you have to move on with your life at some point. There's no reason to dwell on it - it'll eat you up inside. Forgive the person who hurt you and move on. You can still be friends with them. Just move on and find a crush who likes you back! That's what I'm in the process of doing.

The third song is a jam, in all honesty. Old school, yes, but STILL a bop!
"You Got It"  is a song from Roy Orbison's 22nd studio album, Mystery Girl in 1989.  Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, Orbison's fellow Traveling Wilburys bandmates, co-wrote the song and played instruments on the record.

Every time I look into your lovely eyes
I see a love that money just can't buy
One look from you, I drift away
I pray that you are here to stay

(Chorus)
Anything you want, you got it
Anything you need, you got it
Anything at all, you got it
Baby

Every time I hold you, I begin to understand
Everything about you tells me I'm your man
I live my life to be with you
No one can do the things you do

Roy Orbison is known for his love songs. He sang "Pretty Woman", which is also another famous love song.
I really like this song because it puts a voice to what a man should want to feel when he is around a woman he loves. I, for one, would love this kind of treatment from my future boyfriend/husband! What woman WOULDN'T want to be treated like this? 
The lyrics in this song also shows what I, personally, look for in a guy. Does he put me before himself? Does he value me? Will he always want me? Will he always admire me? Will he be faithful? These are the questions that swirl around in my head often when I hear this song and think of my future. 

And now, the final song I've chosen. This song is performed by my favorite 80's Rock band, Dire Straits, called "So Far Away". It's featured in their 1985 album, Brothers In Arms (which I am a proud owner of, may I add!), and also features my absolute favorite Dire Straits song, "Walk Of Life".

Here I am again in this mean old town
And you're so far away from me
And where are you when the sun goes down
You're so far away from me

(Chorus)
You're so far away from me
So far I just can't see
You're so far away from me
You're so far away from me, all right

I'm tired of being in love and being all alone
When you're so far away from me
I'm tired of making out on the telephone
'Cause you're so far away from me

(Chorus)
You're so far away from me
So far I just can't see
You're so far away from me
You're so far away from me, all right

I LOVE this band, especially the lead singer and guitarist, Mark Knopfler. This song is so sweet, it's sad message telling us of a man who misses his significant other and wants her back with him. Mark Knopfler is quite the sweetheart, and his singing does not disappoint to add emotion! It's quite the heart-wrencher, that's for sure.
The man in this song is so in love with his significant other that he starts feeling saddened by her not being there with him. He wants to be in her presence, and when he can't, he's depressed. 
Again, that's what I look for in a guy. Not overly clingly that it's obnoxious, but just enough to make you feel special, admired. I guess that's the whole basis of what i will look for in a relationship. I want to feel loved and admired by my counterpart. You can't blame me for wanting that. After all, I am a hopeless romantic!

Here's a personal story: 
I've never been in a relationship because of all the guys who have liked me never tell me. Now, I'm not saying it's entirely their fault, because it isn't. I've had numerous people tell me I'm hard to talk to since I'm really shy. My best friend AND her boyfriend have told me that I'm intimidating. I mean, sure, I guess I am. And I need to change something about that quick, or else I might end up being alone, which I DO NOT want! If people in general have a hard time talking to me, then imagine how hard it is for guys who like me (aren't a lot of them, to be honest...) to even say anything to me! 
Now for me, when I have a crush on a guy, I don't tend to show it... much. I actually try to push them away because I'm so nervous around them. 

Well, I hope you enjoyed this rant. I poured my heart out, since it's easier for me to write it down than to say what I feel.
Thanks!
About the Author: Leah.W
"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less" -C.S Lewis