About Young Writers Project

A FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY OF TEEN WRITERS AND VISUAL ARTISTS

​Young Writers Project (YWP) invites all young creators – 13 to 19 years of age – to join the YWP community. Sign up for a free account and explore a world of creativity with other teen writers and artists! YWP is an independent nonprofit that started in 2006 with a mission to inspire, mentor, publish, and promote young writers and artists.

SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE YWP ACCOUNT

• If you are 13-19 years of age, sign up on our website.
  • Use your personal email, not a school email.
  • Choose a username, provide accurate information, get approved.
  • Start creating your writing and visual art.
  • Connect with others directly on the YWP site.
  • Respond to inspiring writing and art challenges.
  • Get published in YWP’s annual anthology and monthly literary magazine, and with our media partners in Vermont. 
  • Embrace our guiding rule: Respect your fellow writers and artists. Help us keep YWP an oasis of civility on the internet.
  • Have fun!

Our website, the heart of YWP, is designed and intended specifically for teenagers, 13-19, who make up the majority of our online community. All new accounts are reserved for this age group. Younger account-holders who joined YWP before April 2024 are welcome to stay on the site, but new accounts for those 12 and younger will not be approved. We encourage younger writers and artists to keep creating and come back to us as soon as you turn 13!

QUICK LINKS

FAQ about YWP

How the Site Works

Terms & Conditions

YWP Newsletter

For Teachers

YWP Staff & Board

Alumni Advisors

annual report 22-23

YWP Archive Site

CONTACT US

Questions? Contact Susan Reid, YWP executive director: sreid@youngwritersproject.org, (802) 324-9538