a few words
If I were to leave young,
younger than I was when I came here,
I'd have only a few things to tell you
& they would be...
- Say your prayers to whatever God you believe in
- Listen to your parents, they know more than you can imagine
- Love because there could be hate tomorrow
- Dream big, because the world needs dreams too
- And don't fight in school. Really, it gets you nowhere.
I should say thank you,
but I won't because you've already
been thanked with my unspoken
love for all of you.
You angsty teens, you poet queens,
you soccer kings, and general-store theives.
I love you all, I do.
Be safe, and look both ways before
you cross the street.
You'll get where you're going someday,
but frankly I'm already there.
If it makes you feel any better,
I will be waiting with open arms,
& I'll be expecting a full report.
I love you, my friends. My family.