My School's Makeover

My School’s Makeover According to me

For just about everyone at some point in their school career, school is stressful. I’m not really at that point right now, but there are some things about my school that stress me out. I don’t think my school should do much to change, but I do think that it could change its schedule a bit. Having to wake up at quarter of six in the morning so I will be at my school by 7:30 is something that really annoys me.  After all, teenagers need more sleep than most age groups, so schools could help us out by starting a bit later.

If your school starts at 7:30 AM in the morning, you’re not alone. My school starts at 7:30. Being the son of a teacher, I have to leave the house at 6:50; not relaxing. Teenagers need more sleep than any other age group. My school should start at least at 8:30 because this gives teenagers the chance to get a good amount of sleep. Also, having more time to get ready for school lets us wake up more peacefully which is good for our body. So everyone at my school will benefit from a later school start, including teachers, because what they will be teaching will make more sense to kids when they are fully awake.

My school should also make weekends more than two days. Weekends should be three days long because it would give students a chance to recover from the demanding school week. I think my school should make the summers shorter and have three day weekends. That way it will be harder to forget information over the summer. Also Thanksgiving should be a weeklong vacation so we can spend more time giving thanks to what’s important. My school should seriously change its weekend and vacation schedule so students can ultimately learn more.

So instead of five day weeks, we have four day weeks to make school less stressful. Being a teenager, I believe that a later school start will help kids be more alert. Working on homework until late at night makes kids very tired so being able to wake up later in the morning will help kids be more alert and ready for school. I think my school is doing a good job, but I think there are a few small things they can do to make my school a better place.

»