Documenting a pandemic

[Cover art by cedar]
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE WORLD STOPS? Young Writers Project and YWP alumna Adelle Brunstad are working together to document the COVID-19 pandemic through the eyes of YWPers. We are collecting your candid reflections of the strangest period of our lives in words, photos, and art. Share your observations, moments, realizations, frustrations, laughter, sadness, fears, hopes -- whatever you're thinking, feeling, seeing. When this is all over, we will create a digital book documenting the coronavirus days. Check in here for all updates about the project. Where to start? The COVID-19 challenge for writing and COVID-Art for photos and art.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

What a wonderful day it was Friday as so many many people participated in VERMONT WRITES DAY!

The day was Young Writers Project's annual day of honoring writing, a day when people of all ages in Vermont (and our friends around the country) took just seven minutes (or more) to write to any of seven fun prompts, including 4Photos (above). Or they picked "General" and wrote about their own ideas. 

Many schools participated and principals, teachers, teachers' aides, visitors also jumped in. Many schools reported that their entire school participated and also took time out to share what had been written.

We could ask for nothing more to show the importance of writing and the fun of writing.

The Jump

The Jump
My feet crunched the snow as my thick boots led me toward the hill. It was mid-winter, a warmer day than most, and the tramping was making my forehead sweat. My friend Clementine was ahead of me, my short legs and puffy snowsuit weighing me down-and slowing me down. Finally, I reached the top of the hill. I sat down, not caring if my butt got wet or not. Mindlessly, my mittens picked up a ball of snow and packed it evenly. This was the best packing snow of the winter. It was the perfect mixture of wet and fluffy, a combination rare at least to Vermont. Judson, another friend, was thinking the same thing.

The YWP story

The Voice - Fall 2018

Final SoundCheck tonight!

Today's Tiny Write

SD summer 6.20.20
- might have gone to bed at 4 in the morning the other night
- in my defense reading strangles time in every way
-was for once, not blindsided by fathers day and actually thought up a cool idea with my sis
- my computer is still in German.
- maybe I'll go to bed earlier tonight, or I'll shoot for 5 am, who knows
- is anyone else's internal clock completely upside down and sideways?? XD- it's too hot to even sleep
- Treblemaker

Add your tiny write to Tiny Writes, here (or in top menu under YWP COMMUNITY). See highlights here.

The Voice - June 2018