Ms. Naugle's picture

The Skinwalker

It was a cold, fall night. I was playing on my Xbox, and my dad had left home for a meeting.

I looked out the window because I heard a weird sound, but what I saw made me so scared I ran upstairs into my room, shut the door, and called my dad.

I saw a weird-looking human thing crawling on all fours with its back bending into its stomach. And it was heading for the front door!

"AAAAAAH!" I screamed as I heard clawing coming from the door.

I risked a peek at the creature from the upstairs window, but what I saw wasn't what I expected. It was a normal wolf.

But then I turned around, and there it was. The creature.

I started to run, but I tripped on a book. It crawled onto me and my last thought was What would happen to my dad?
Ms. Naugle's picture

Scary Stories

Martina's family was very strange. Her parents were always whispering. They never smiled. But the strangest part was that in their haunted looking house, there was one room her mother forbid her to go into. Every night, Martina could swear she saw ghosts haunting the halls. 

One day, she couldn't help it. She hopped out of bed and crept down the hall. She opened the door and saw goblins, brains, wands, dreams, and time machines. In the middle of the room was her mom!

Mom couldn't allow a normal girl to know about her magic. "Martina, Martina!" said her mother. 

Martina felt a rush of power come to her. She thrust out her hand and fire came out. She gasped.

"Now, daughter, join me. We will rule the world of magic together."

"I agree-"

"Ahh!" screamed Jennifer. "I didn't finish my story!" I said.

"Sounded finished to me," said a voice behind me.

"That's exactly what happened."
poem 0 comments challenge: General
Ms. Naugle's picture

Dreams

I once fell asleep in the middle of class and dreamt of fighting a dragon!
The class was very boring, for we were studying a wagon.

The teacher yelled, "Adelle!" she said,
I woke up with the pull of a thread.

The end of class was coming near,
Well, the clock said it pretty clear.

When the bell rang that very day,
I couldn't help it, I said, "Hooray!"

I know the school is not to blame,
But the next day, it was the same.

Adelle Danilchick
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

Leaving the Forest

My heart was racing when I saw the sun for the first time in two days. The forest is a horrible place for a 10 year-old. 

Many worries left my head when I skipped into the field. When I looked around, I saw a brown-haired woman tending the grass. I walked over to her and asked, "Where am I?"

The woman chuckled, "Adelle!" she said, "You are right where you started!"

I looked at her and realized that she was my neighbor Christine. "You have been wandering around my yard for two full days," Christine remarked.

"Oh!" I said, "I wondered why that fence was there."

Adelle Danilchick
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

First Step

I want to stop cancer. Many of my family members died from cancer. It's a horrible thing. I will find a way to do it. I'm not going to cure cancer, I'm going to end it.

Christian Bisceglia
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

fiction 0 comments challenge: Step
Ms. Naugle's picture

First Race

As I ride up to the gate, I hear the loud noise of the horses feet pouding against the ground. All of a sudden, my stomach goes into knots. I can tell this is not going to be a good run.

As the gate opens, my horse runs through the barrel pattern. Every time I kick, I feel my horse jerk forward, and every time I turn around the barrels, I feel him lean to the side.

All of a sudden, my stomach feels fine, and as I pass the finish line, my horse jerks to a stop.

When I get in the gate, I look at my time. "5.4 seconds! That is the best time I have ever gotten!" I yell to myself. I feel so proud.

Ruby Keefe
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Witch

Ms. Naugle's picture

A Step

There is a step that could help you with your life, like into your home or maybe into school. Wherever you are taking a step, remember that step can help you.

Amelia Hurd
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School
Ms. Naugle's picture

Step By Step

I would like to be a General in the Army. The first step is to work hard, train, and, most importantly, eat good and nutritious foods. Also, I will learn in school and take a risk to save my country. So my small steps will lead up to my success, and it will take step by step to lead me to my goal.

Lillian Smith
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

New Friend

Tammy had just moved to Florida from Vermont, and she was scared. She was standing in the doorway of her new school Summer Flower Elementary, biting her lip.

"This is it," she thought. She started to walk in when she felt something push her. She fell to the ground hard.

"Get out of the way, noob," said a voice behind her.

She turned her head and saw a girl with shaggy hair and ripped clothes. Tammy started to cry. The bully walked away.

"Are you okay?" asked another voice.

"Yeah," said Tammy. She turned and saw a girl with light brown hair and a pretty blue dress.

"I'm Amy," she said. "That was Clarissa. Let's be friends."

"Sure!" said Tammy. "Let's give that bully a taste of her own medicine..."

To be continued...

By Tegan Miller
Killington Elementary School
Grade 5