fiction 1 comment challenge: Risk
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Only Rule

Once I heard the sentence "Risk is the only rule," so I told my little brother. My brother told his friends, and they all told their cousins. Soon enough, the whole world knew.

And so, people took more risks and did some stupid stuff, like touching deadly snakes, and trying to skydive without parachutes. Instead of climbing ladders, they climbed tons of trees. During school, they sat on stacks of chairs and threw food. Soon enough, their heads were numb and they had some broken bones.

I was watching the whole darn thing while thinking, "Man, the person that told me that destroyed the world."

By Adelle Danilchick
Killington Elementary School
Grade 5

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Little Man

"Hide! Before anyone sees us!" said the explorer as he climbed the old and scary staircase. He heard someone and was scared, so he yelled to himself, which was not a great idea.

Finally, he got to the top and there was a small man.

After that day, he was never seen again... until this day.

He appeared out of nowhere, and that very day, a kid went missing, and neither him nor the kid were ever seen again... until two years later.

They took a risk to announce their appearance and lived happily ever after in a house on a hill.

The next day, an explorer went missing after seeing a little man.

By Lillian Smith
Killington Elementary School
Grade 5
fiction 0 comments challenge: Risk
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Push

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Note

General   9/13/19

The Note

“I don’t remember seeing this before,'' said the wizard as she climbed the staircase to the spooky attic.

All of a sudden, she saw a mysterious note on a chest in the attic. She walked over and the note said “I’M COMING FOR YOU.”

The wizard realized the note was signed in the corner with the initials SD.

Immediately after, she felt a cold hand on her shoulder.

Samantha Daigle 

Ms. Naugle's picture

Awakening the...

I was walking down 8th Street when, all of a sudden, I saw a glowing light. As I got closer the light got brighter and brighter until I couldn’t look at it anymore. I found an old pair of sunglasses in my pocket so I used them to see.

“AWAKEN ME!” yelled a voice coming from the glowing light. “AWAKEN ME OR ELSE YOU’LL REGRET IT!” the voice yelled again.

“Who are you? And why should I free you?” I asked.

“NOW!!!!” yelled the voice.

Then I saw a lever and if you know me, I love pushing buttons and levers. I was so tempted to push the lever. But when I did, there was huge explosion that blasted me away.

“I’M FREE!” the voice happily said.

It was a man. He looked like one of those gods in those Percy Jackson books.

“Thank you, young man,” he calmly said and then left, with no trace of him at all.

“You’re welcome,” I said before he left. “You’re welcome.”

poem 0 comments challenge: General
Ms. Naugle's picture

Fantasy

Fantasy

Hello world.
Hello wonderland.
Hello fantasy.
I see dragons.
I see unicorns.
I see phoenixes.
I can fly.
I can see.
I can hear.
I understand this world.
I understand these creatures.
I understand my purpose for being.
Here.
Where is here?
Where am I?
Where are we?
We are in a 
Fantasy.

By Lia Gugliotta
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Long, Long Tunnel

A long, long tunnel with orange walls was built hundreds of years ago with dark black concrete and candles and lanterns.

There were two children. They were walking and found the tunnel. They walked for maybe 20 miles until they got to the end and found some kind of gold bright treasure, but something happened and nobody knows.

After that night, it was dark. There were no lanterns or candles, and that was the end in pitch black. What happened?

Emmie Kuhn
Grade 3
Killington Elementary School
Ms. Naugle's picture

Rule about the World

No littering. It's bad for the environment. It can kill birds and any animals. Don't litter. If you litter, it means an animal will die, which isn't good. If you even throw gumo on the ground, birds can eat it and die because it can get stuck to their beaks.

Lilly Clark
Grade 2
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

Courage

My friend was abducted by aliens! They were already flying in the air and the only way I could save my friend was to jump off a cliff.

I did not know what to do. I wanted to save her, but I had to jump off a cliff. So I jumped, and I made it!

I went inside and saved her. Then we had a sleepover. The best ever.

Hannah McComb
Grade 2
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

Rule of the World

I think there should be no drugs because it is bad for your health and others' health. You can have black lungs from it. Also, it smells bad.

I mean all drugs! Tobacco and smoke and everything like that!

People pollute the air because of smoking, and also the ocean. It's bad for animals too.

Jayson Legayada
Grade 3
Killington Elementary School