Ms. Naugle's picture

Jay Peak

My friend and I went to Jay Peak. We got to the condo. We opened the door and it was small. Then we opened the room next door and HOLY COW. It was the biggest condo I've ever seen. It had a bunk bed and everything! My friend and I played tag in the hallway, and the water park was two floors below us.

Max Rayner
Grade 3
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Door

Once there were two girls named Cocoa and Cinnamon. One day, Cocoa and Cinnamon were playing and they saw a house. It looked abandoned so they decided to go to their house to get tools and turn it into a play house. 

They got the tools and went back to the house. Cinnamon tried to break something, but she couldn't. She tried again, but something was holding her hand!

Cocoa thought she was crazy, so Cocoa tried, but she couldn't do it either. She turned around and there was a ghost. 

Cocoa decided to get a Ouija board and ask the ghost questions. She asked if it was nice, and the ghost said, "Yes."

Then she asked if the ghost would let them break things. She said, "Only a few things."

Since then, Cocoa and Cinnamon visited the ghost every day. They became best friends with the ghost.

Annasophia Cueva
Grade 3
Killington Elementary School
Ms. Naugle's picture

Sneaky Robbers

There are 2 strangers waiting for a train back to their house. The 2 strangers are robbers. The robbers stole money from a bank. Nobody saw the robbers steal the money from the bank.

When the train arrives, the robbers hide somewhere in the train where no people can see them.

When the train arrives at the station where the robbers’ house is, the robbers get of the train and run to their house so that no one sees them with money from the bank.

The robbers spend the money on a powerball raffle so the robbers can get what they want and be rich for the rest of their lives.

Dexter Namkung
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

poem 1 comment challenge: 4Photos
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Tunnel

Far away there is a tunnel full of fears, and full of dreams

Far away there is a tunnel full of hope, and full of wishes

In this tunnel full of fears, and dreams, and hope, and, wishes

There is a light that burns in the night out of sight

And this light is the fears of the fearless

the dreams of the dreamless

the hope of the hopeless

and the wish for the wishless  

Schuyler Hagge
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

The House

The House

By Sophia Randolph

A story I made with family     
It was a bitter, cold winter, but the house was worse.

The door slammed shut behind her as she took a few steps into the house,  and she looked around and saw some cobwebs, a dead rat, a messy table, and a very old piano. She turned back to the door, stopped to think for a minute, then she  called, “Guys, its ok to come in!”

Then two other girls came into the house, both younger than the first girl who came in. The three sisters settled in the house. The oldest sister knew that there was something weird about this house, but it was better than nothing. They couldn't afford a house. She was only ten at the time.

Minutes later, the girls heard some banging and scratching becoming louder and louder.

“What's that?” said one sister.

Nothing,” said the oldest sister.

“Yeah, it was probably nothing,” said the other sister.
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Moneybag Stealers

Two guys named Matt and Dan waited at a train station, but then they saw a bag of money.

They said to each other, “Let's take it,” so they did. They were okay leaving the train.

They got a rental truck and drove off.

Then the police pulled them over because they saw money flying out of the bed of the pick up truck.

They got arrested and were sentenced to jail for 15 years.

Jacob Legayada
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Runaway Minecart

The Runaway Minecart

You're walking through a beautiful mine, when all of a sudden, a minecart comes hurtling down the track, and it almost hits you, but you jump to the side, right before the minecart was going to hit you.

All you see in the minecart is some valuable gold and jewels. Immediately, you chase the minecart. You run down the track, but the minecart is just too fast.

You decide to cut it off by going down a different track. You know these tracks like the back of your hand. When you get to the point, you see the mine cart hurtling down the track, immediately you jump onto the minecart. You notice this is one of the minecarts that is supposed to be attached to a bigger minecart, so the vehicle has no brakes.

There's only a few more feet of track left, when you notice there's a steel pole in the minecart. You decide to use it to try to stop the minecart from going any further by planting it down in the middle of the track.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Elves
Ms. Naugle's picture

Elves in the Forest

Elves in the Forest
    One day, my friends and I went in a restaurant for a snack, but this day, his friends were talking about elves in a forest, so I just ignored it for now.

We were walking home when one of my friends said, “We should go in the forest to find the elves.” So we did and nothing happened, but we did not stop looking.

It was getting late, so I asked my friends, “Can we go home yet?” and one of my friends said no, but once he said that, an elf came out of the grass and attacked my friends, so I ran to my house.

An elf followed me home, so I closed the door, but the elf got into my house and attacked me.

No one ever heard of my friends and I ever again.

Leeland Montag
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Time I Got My Tonsils Out

The Time I Got My Tonsils Out

My mom noticed that I wasn’t born with a sense of smell and she asked me, “Madison, how would you like to get your tonsils out?”
I hesitated. I knew it would probably hurt, but my mom said it would help me be able to smell things, so I said, “I’ve always wanted to be able to smell, so I’d love to get my tonsils out.”
“Great,” my mom said. She went downstairs into the kitchen and called the hospital and asked if they could take my tonsils out. They said they could the following week.
    The night before I went to the hospital, after dinner, my mom said, “Madison, you won’t be allowed to eat or drink anything except water, and tomorrow, you won’t be allowed to eat or drink anything at all.”
    “Why?” I asked.
    “Because if you did eat or drink something, it could interfere with the surgery,” Mom explained.
Ms. Naugle's picture

Darkness

Darkness is a small room, with no light sources.

Darkness is the color black, in a dark room.

Darkness is a shadow- waiting, silent, still.

Darkness is death, capturing to never let go.

Darkness is everywhere,

in everyone,

and everything,

that doesn’t have a light source.

Lia Gugliotta
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School