Ms. Naugle's picture

Dragons and Phoenixes and Sea Serpents

What’s that orangish glowing thing in the distance? A dragon? A fire?

I’ll go check it out.
This is quite a long, orangish glowing tunnel. I wonder what it leads to.
Whoa. That long orangish glowing tunnel leads to…

Another world.
I see dragons. I see phoenixes. I see sea serpents.
Time to go home. I promise I’ll come back.

Good bye.
Time to go back. Down the long, orangish glowing tunnel. I’ll be there soon.
Where are the dragons? Where are the phoenixes? Where are the sea serpents?
They’re gone. They’re all gone.
Time to go home. I promise not to come back.

Good bye.

Lia Gugliotta
Grade 5
Killington Elementary School

poem 1 comment challenge: Elves
Ms. Naugle's picture

Elves

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Rule

poem 0 comments challenge: General
Ms. Naugle's picture

Fall is Coming

Ms. Naugle's picture

Be Nicer and Spread Kindness

Nice Girl: Hello, my name is Penelope, and I am the new girl. What is your name?

Mean Girl: My name is Charlotte and never talk to me again.

Another Nice Girl: Hi, sorry about her. I am Sophia. Where is your first class?

Penelope: Well, I am in chemistry first.

Sophia: Same here, and also my friend Ali is in that class too. Let's go meet her.

Ali: Hey, Sophia! Who did you bring with you?

Sophia: This is Penelope, Ali. Charlotte was being mean to her.

Ali: Penelope, don't worry about her. She is just a grump. Now you're with us, so you're set up for a great year!

Pippa Scott
KES
Grade 6

Ms. Naugle's picture

After You're Dead

After You’re Dead

After you’re dead, we all ponder what happens.  
Alice thought she wouldn't die so young, especially not as fast as she did when someone pushed her off that great towering cliff and into the water.

But now she saw her body from afar, and no one had showed up yet, as she thought. Maybe if I yell someone will notice me, she thought hopelessly. She tried her luck, but only ended up giving herself a sore throat.

After a while of roaming the hills and mountains of Colorado with her newfound speed, she saw an odd opening in a cliff that was glowing a bright red. She flew silently forward and through the opening, but got sucked in at the last second, and she spiraled through a whirlwind of colors and tumbled out of a circular entrance and into a crowd of people.

Oh wait, she thought, they’re dead people and animals. It all made no sense. She should not have died, at least not yet. But she was dead.
Ms. Naugle's picture

The Afterlife

The Afterlife

In the afterlife, people swim inside jelly beans, relax in hot fudge hot tubs, play soccer with a giant cheese ball, and only eat fast food and apples. Heaven would be like heaven: free iPhone X's and iPads with infinite storage and infinite gigabytes.

By John Underwood

9-18-18

Ms. Naugle's picture

The Afterlife

The Afterlife

By John Underwood

9-18-18

Ms. Naugle's picture

Vampires in a Sunset

Vampires in a Sunset

It was one evening that the sunset was much brighter than usual. It was hard of course, for the vampires. The humans attacked us, and my sister betrayed me.

Our skin was starting to burn. We knew that we shouldn't stay in the sun for this long, but if we stopped the humans would find us.

I thought being a vampire would fix me, not like I had a choice. I remember not long ago, when I became a vampire, I came across a boy who was crying, so I walked over and asked, “Are you okay?” His crying turned into laughing, and then he bit me.

Soon we found land. We slept there for the night, but I couldn't help but admire the beautiful sunset.

Ms. Naugle's picture

To the Dock at Sunset

To the Dock At Sunset
Charlie went to the dock at sunset because his parents told him that he had to go to bed, and he refused. So Charlie went to the dock to get some fresh air and enjoy the sunset and have some time alone, until he gets tired or sleepy.
By: Dexter Namkung
9/18/18