A Conversation with Dana Walrath

This month at YWP

IN THIS ISSUE OF THE VOICE ... To kick off 2022, we asked the YWP community to help create the January issue of The Voice. Three Guest Editors joined us for the challenge, selecting their favorite writing and art from the past few weeks for publication in this issue. A big thank you to editors:The guest editors' selections published in this issue:

Geri:
​• I Can't Stop and It's Driving Me Crazy by thegreenone, paired with Sun Cycle 2 by Lizzy_Rights
• Me: The Novel by Immy, paired with Missing Summer (second photo) by Spoopy_Mouse

roxyforthewin:
• Our Brass Menorah by ZoeBee, paired with Traces of Tradtions by emiliaw._

Vermont 8th Graders!

An essay competition especially for you! Every year, Hildene, the Lincoln family home in Manchester, VT, sponsors the Lincoln Essay Competition for Vermont’s 8th graders.
This year's prompt: What gives YOU hope? Identify a challenging issue facing humanity today, whether at the local, state, national, and/or global level. Express why this issue matters to you. Investigate a scientific, legislative, technological, or other type of solution that is currently being proposed or employed to address the issue. Explain what it is and why it holds promise as part of the solution to the problem.
Prizes: First place: $500; Second: $400; Third: $300, and up to four honorable mentions of $200 each.
Deadline: February 12, 2022 
More info and entry packet: https://hildene.org/learning/lincoln_essay

Reuben and Alex! Thursday, Jan. 20

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

YWP-Art12

November Bouquets for YWP!

art.1121

YWP Challenges January-June 2022