Winter Tales!

WINTER TALES RUNS THROUGH SUNDAY! Congratulations to the YWP writers who were selected by Vermont Stage for this year's Winter Tales! Vermont Stage will present the writers' work at seven different performances at Main Street Landing's Black Box Theatre, Burlington, from Dec. 11-15. Read on to see the winning submissions and the dates of their performances. All writers will receive two complimentary tickets to Winter Tales. Interested in Winter Tales? Find out more here and buy tickets!

Winter Tales 2019
Presented by Vermont Stage, Main Street Landing, Burlington, VT

Wednesday, Dec 11, 2019 at 7:30pm

Promise
By Chase Ehrlich
Age 13
Montpelier, VT

Inspired by Elie Wiesel's "Night"

Eighth grade students in English teacher Steven Glazer's class at Crossroads Academy in Lyme, NH, created these graphic panels to accompany Elie Wiesel's "Night." They worked with cartoonist Jason Lutes of the Center for Cartoon Studies in White River Junction, VT. Lutes is the recent recipient of the fifth annual Vermont Book Award from the Vermont College of Fine Arts for his 2018 graphic novel "Berlin." 
In sequence, these are the Crossroads Academy 8th-grade artists who created the graphic panels:
1) Nina Marshall
    Age 13
    Lyme, NH 
2) Lydia Hansberry 
    Age 13
    Hanover, NH 
3) Ruby Cole
     Age 13
    Thetford, VT 
4) Rhys Rountree 
    Age 13
    Lyme, NH 
5) Amica Lansigan
    Age 13
    Hanover, NH 

YWP writer publishes book of poetry

Congratulations to YWP writer and photographer Anna Wahlin on the publication of her book of poetry, Touching the Dusty Sky, now available on Amazon. Check it out here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0818B9GQV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Touching+the+du...

Anna wrote to YWP to say: "After maybe 3 or 4 months I have finally published my poetry book! It is currently on Amazon as an ebook .... I put a shout-out to YWP because I would have never become a writer without you guys, so thank you so much! This means so much to me."

Remember photo

The Voice is coming Friday!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE WRITERS, ARTISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS!
The November issue of The Voice is ready to launch. Congratulations to these YWPers who will be published in the new issue. Look for it here on Friday, Nov. 1! 
WRITERS: BabyPoto, BloodMoon825, cmhemingwa, dakoval, Eloise Silver Van Meter, eyesofIris, Fiona Ella, fire girl, Graceful, Ice Blink, Inkpaw, It's the cat, Lady Midnight, Marina2020, millern1, Zander Clark
ARTISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS: cedar, 15hensandarooster, Inkpaw, knmarcot, lemondaydreams, Leviahthan, Love to write, Nathaniel Steele

Williston Poetry Slam

Young poets are invited to the Dorothy Alling Memorial Library in Williston for a friendly, creative competition at a student poetry slam on Nov. 20! Students in grades K-12 are invited to enter and read up to two original poems per themed category: nature (including animals), short epic (adventure poems), personal (experience or story), and poet’s choice (miscellaneous). Competition will be judged by a panel of local writers with prize winners of different age groups chosen in each category. All poems must be original and each poem may not exceed 3 minutes in length. Free event. Official entry of poems at event. Wednesday, November 20th at 5:30 PM at the Dorothy Alling Memorial Library. Please pre-register by calling the library (802-878-4918).

FAQ-YWP

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How do I get started?

A: Sign up for an account, fill out all the little info boxes so we know you're real, not a bot, and so we can contact you about publication, events, etc. Pick a username that you would like to see as your anonymous nom de plume, something other than your real name. If you are under 13, you will need parental permission for your account to be approved. Once your account is approved, you can begin submitting posts to your own blog, write to the challenges or go your own way and write anything you like, submit photos, art, video, audio. You can also comment on other writers' work and sprout from their stories. It's a community, and it's really fun!

Poetry and Politics

From YWP Tiny Writes

Think about the world you see when you close your eyes, and tell me, what scares you?
Inkpaw

What scares me is that many people with the highest power can't seem to use it properly, and eventually our world will all come falling down.
- Graceful

Everyone who knows that climate change is real... but don't care. That don't get that we will all die, rich, poor, white, black, rainbow. If we don't educate and spread the word there will be nothing left to fear.
- ​fire girl