The First 100 Days

The Voice - February/March 2017

Each month, with community help, YWP assembles the very best writing, images, audio and video for display in The Voice, our monthly digital magazine. This magazine celebrates the very best that this community produces. This month casts light on the amazing energy and entertaining content from Vermont Writes Day and the events surrounding it.

My Big, Beautiful Bubble

I live in a bubble
 called Hanover—
 where the population is mostly white,
 where a lot of people are well off,
 where there is little suffering to be seen.

above
                       t
                   a
              o  
          l
I    f                                       the world

in my bubble  reality
translucent  |  walls   |
filter out
shi  me  eld
from the world’s problems

I’m
oblivious
ignorant.
Audio download:
2.27.17.LianaLansigan.mp3

The Voice - December 2016

Each month, and with YWP community members' help, YWP assembles the very best writing, images, audio and video for display in The Voice, our monthly digital magazine. This magazine celebrates the very best that this community produces. This month a special focus on the Election 2016. If you would like to help out on this project, please contact Susan Reid, Publications Coordinator and editor of the magazine. Please help build the audience for this magazine, by posting a link on your social media channels or on other Web communities. Thanks!

Wow!

Congratulations to Muslim Girls Making Change (MGMC), who made Huffington Post's list of 17 Muslim American Women Who Made America Great In 2016! They are also featured in the latest video episode of Seven Days' Stuck in Vermont (which will air on local TV channel WCAX). MGMC's next live appearance is December 20 at Arts Riot in Burlington. (Click here to read more of their work!)

It's been beautiful to work with these women, watch them grow and see their message gather momentum around the nation. That's what YWP is all about: helping youths find ideas, develop voice and share their works to audiences everywhere. Just think: YOU could be next!

Keep writing, sharing and exploring new ideas -- you never know what's just around the corner...

How YWP Academy Workshops Work

Welcome to YWP Academy

YWP Academy is devoted to giving you the learning opportunities you want, in a way that's fun and easy to manage. Click on the YWP Academy link at the top of the home screen to enter the Academy.

YWP Academy is divided up into a number of Workshops, with content based on suggestions from the YWP community. These workshops are designed and led by artists, YWP staff, and seasoned mentors. Each of these Workshops is broken up into different steps or activities called XPs. Each XP contains something for you to do--an activity or a response to make. Instructors and mentors will be dropping in all the time to leave feedback and keep you on the right track.

How it Works

Navigation

GG in NJ

What an Amazing Summer of Stories!

(image courtesy of Writer44!)

The summer is winding down, school is starting up, and we're still basking in the glow of an amazing Summer of Stories.

We'd like to thank everyone who participated, and congratulate you on a job very well done. You created amazing writing, art, stories, poems--and connections with each other. You commented with helpful, happy, funny, encouraging words--you sustained each other, and this wonderful community. And you did all of that over summer break! Truly amazing.

And one dedicated, tireless writer managed to share 129 pieces of original writing! Truly an amazing feat!

Click Read More for winners and stats!

Watchworthy YWP!

Summer Writer of the Month!

It's that time again... Time to reveal the Summer Writer of Month Two!

Drum roll please...

With an astounding 46 posts we are proud to announce EmilyAnne as our Writer of the Month!

Thank you, EmilyAnne, for your continued dedication to Summer of Stories and Young Writers Project. We're so glad to have you in our community! Keep your eyes peeled for a special swag-bag coming in the mail!

Now who is going to step it up and become the Month Three winner? #summerofstories16