Test notify

Special Challenge: Tending Fires

This week, award-winning playwright Dana Yeaton of Middlebury College invites you to take “The Tending Fires Challenge.”  Join young artists from Rock-It Science music camp, and the Vermont Governor’s Institute on the Arts, by creating work that explores being truly alone.

The project takes its name from the documentary film Tending Fires, about a wilderness rite of passage. Dana may adapt the film into a full-length musical, but first he wants to know, “Does the idea of being alone in the woods trigger anything? Are you interested in the way your community acknowledges, or fails to acknowledge, your transition into adulthood?”

UPDATE: Summer of Stories

We've added another week to Summer of Stories '16!

Starting next week, award-winning playwright Dana Yeaton of Middlebury College invites you to take “The Tending Fires Challenge.”  Join other young artists from Rock-It Science music camp, and from the Vermont Governor’s Institute on the Arts, by creating work that explores what comes up when we imagine being truly alone.

Check back here next week for the #tendingfires Challenge--respond just like you would any other #summerofstories16 challenge.
Jul 19

Summer Writer of the Month!

test of the hashtag

What I really have been thinking....

Sometimes things are just too darn complicated. And a phrase really needs to be a sentence really needs to be a chapter really needs to be a book.

And, just so you know, this is about my work with Young Writers Project.

And the phrase I use is this: Young Writers Project used to work directly in the schools, but we decided we wanted more control of what we do and we wanted to work more direclty with kids.