MGMC -- Johnson State Performance

Weekly Writing Challenges 2017-18

These weekly challenges are created by YWP's young writers, summer interns and staff to inspire YOU to write! They are scheduled each week with a Friday deadline and are sent to schools as part of our regular publication process in a dozen VT newspapers, on VPR.net & VtDigger.org. However, ANYONE from ANYWHERE can respond to these challenges and will be considered for publication, particularly in our digital magazines, The Voice, and The Crow on medium.com, as well as our Anthology of best work, where there are no geographic restrictions. YWP also has daily writing challenges here and on the home page of this website.

Little Challenges Pages

Three in Rhyme

Three poems by Eden Anne Bauer, Grade 7, Crossroads Academy, Lyme, NH

Fairy Dance

Somewhere, far out there in the woods at night,
Encircled by trees, with stars in the sky,
Little fairies come to dance by moonlight
As e’er-changing constellations pass by—
The ladies are dressed in beautiful gowns
Of spiders’ silk, petals, iridescent 
Starlight satin, as light and soft as down;
And slippers of stardust; magnificent—
The young men all wear stiff suits, and fine ties;
The suits are cut from vivid, Autumn leaves;
The ties from knitted clouds. All is made by 
Hand, all the way from the shoes to the sleeves—
All the trees are laced with small, flawless pearls:
Crickets hold their poise; the men bow; girls twirl.

Milky Tears by the Sea

Upon a shore with sand as white as snow

Fantastic Show!

What a delightful night with Young Writers Project youths from Brattleboro to Wolcott, Waitsfield to St Albans, Barre to South Burlington at Burlington City Arts Friday night. Thanks to Zach and Meara of BCA and Susan Reid of YWP.
Powerful words, great courage, optimism and force.
Writers rule!
Copy of live stream: 

YWP on FACEBOOK
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW
Pictures (thanks Lia), sound and video to come here soon. 
THANK YOU ALL!

The First 100 Days

College Prep Boot Camp This Summer

ARE YOU IN A PANIC ABOUT YOUR COLLEGE ESSAY?
YWP IS AT THE READY TO HELP YOU WRITE A WINNER!

If you are a High School Junior or Senior in Fall 2017, consider spending just three days with Young Writers Project and the experts at VSAC (Vermont Student Assistance Corp.) to help focus your college aspirations and craft an outstanding college essay that captures your story and shows the world who you are and where you want to go.

The Voice - February/March 2017

Each month, with community help, YWP assembles the very best writing, images, audio and video for display in The Voice, our monthly digital magazine. This magazine celebrates the very best that this community produces. This month casts light on the amazing energy and entertaining content from Vermont Writes Day and the events surrounding it.

My Big, Beautiful Bubble

I live in a bubble
 called Hanover—
 where the population is mostly white,
 where a lot of people are well off,
 where there is little suffering to be seen.

above
                       t
                   a
              o  
          l
I    f                                       the world

in my bubble  reality
translucent  |  walls   |
filter out
shi  me  eld
from the world’s problems

I’m
oblivious
ignorant.
Audio download:
2.27.17.LianaLansigan.mp3

The Voice - December 2016

Each month, and with YWP community members' help, YWP assembles the very best writing, images, audio and video for display in The Voice, our monthly digital magazine. This magazine celebrates the very best that this community produces. This month a special focus on the Election 2016. If you would like to help out on this project, please contact Susan Reid, Publications Coordinator and editor of the magazine. Please help build the audience for this magazine, by posting a link on your social media channels or on other Web communities. Thanks!