Vermont Young Playwrights -- Stream

Welcome. This is the live stream for the annual Vermont Young Playwrights Festival taking place in 2018 on Monday and Tuesday, May 21 and 22 at Flynn Space.

The morning streams begin at 9:45 a.m. and feature Cold Readings and the afternoon features Staged Readings beginning at 2 p.m. Monday is for Middle School plays and Tuesday, High School. Happy to say that MaisieN created a play ON THIS SITE and it will be presented Tuesday afternoon.

Voices for Change -- Play it again!

Part I: MGMC Welcome poems; Forum on Youth Activism led by Rebecca Haslam; (at 1:30) Amir Sulaiman workshop -- how he writes poetry or The Two Pillars: Sincerity and Beauty

Part II: Open Mic; (at 1:03) Amir Sulaiman performs

Voices for Change was an amazingly powerful event! Thank you all -- all poets, all listeners, our featured slam poet Amir Sulaiman, Muslim Girls Making Change and Beata Tsosie-Peña of Tewa Women United, the youth forum panelists, the brave and brilliant writers at the open mic, the samosa makers, our generous sponsors... More on this later, but to everyone who participated in any way, thank you!

The Voice -- March 2018

The Voice -- March 2018

March 16-- SoundCheck in Burlington

Mark MARCH 16 on your calendars. YWP's monthly pizza/workshop/open mic at Burlington City Arts -- was again postponed because of snow -- and will focus on gun violence, school safety, political inaction.

PLEASE COME. Join in a workshop with YWP's Denise Casey and Rajnii Eddins at 6 p.m. and open mic at 7 p.m. Bring your writing. Bring your outrage.

PACK THE HOUSE!

Thesbians, playwrights, lend me your ...

THREE WEEKS LEFT!

Have you always wanted to write a play? Have you always thought that you were good at writing dialog, creating characters, creating drama?

WE WANT YOU! YWP is providing you three more weeks of its Playwriting Workshop ON THIS SITE. Geoff Gevalt and others will provide you feedback and help you finish a 10-minute play. The best h.s. and middle school plays will be presented ON STAGE at the Vermont Young Playwrights Festival May 21-22.

Jump in: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/17834. JOIN. Don't Delay!

Hone your storytelling voice!

YWP's Rajnii Eddins and Geoffrey Gevalt will soon launch a unqiue, live/interactive course on storytelling and performance. Open to all high school students; held in Burlington Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. beginning March 12 through April 18. FREE. Digital component. AND, performance/presentation event as culmination of your work on May 10 at City Hall, Burlington.

ALL WELCOME. FREE. 

New Workshops!

YWP Community,

We are kicking off the New Year with some new workshops in YWP Academy. Workshops are intended to help you dive deeper, gain some skills and, gulp, have some fun. They are free. Each will be active for at least 6 weeks. You can start anytime; go at your own pace and as your time permits. The more participants we have the merrier so bring in some friends. JOIN up today
(you must log in) to do more with: 

Playwriting -- best plays get performed at Vermont Young Playwrights Festival; 
Storytelling -- make something out of nothing
Hip-Hop -- turn your name into song; 
Photo Story -- tell a story with five photos;  
Sound -- gain chops on narrating your best stuff; 
Commenting -- there is an art to it and, oh, how you can help others!

Sign up today! 

If you want to do any of these (or have us design one for you) for school credit (high school usually) contact me (gg) and contact your school to see what we need to do to help you gain credit. Imagine YWP becoming your homework!

The workshops are led by YWP staff or outside experts who will provide you with feedback, guidance and, at some point, a video conference for the group and individual consultation. There will be a mentor assigned to each workshop as well. And a live chat. 

Feel like you don't have time? You do. Honest. None takes that long (except playwriting); and stretch it out over time.

Ten Days of Winter, 1892

Editor's note: In the 11+ years of this site, I have shared only a couple of things on the belief that this is your site, not mine. But I am sharking this because, well, becaue I thought you might like to read/listen to it and, also, to see that some stories take a long time to develop. I'd love some feedback -- this is your chance! :) 

Audio download:
TenDaysofWinter1892.mp3