poem 1 comment challenge: Love
Emily Van Dyke's picture

pretty eyes

Emily Van Dyke's picture

Cardinal

Cardinal
Cardinal appears when silence becomes you’re hand tapping on a wine glass. You see him when the breakfasts of floss and lip gloss haunts you like an unread sticky note is placed on your wall from a friend. When you write a story about your life he watches, he taps his beck on the glass you one had placed your mouth on. You see his red wings when you walk to town when you kick rocks to the rhythm of your head phones. He never judges, he never pushes, he never follows with a heart of full. He follows because he wants you to have the heart he never could, be share. He wants regret to be restricted. He wants suffer to be so far way like his wings take him. He wants family moments, beautiful music, comforting blankets, and warmth that love may bring

Emily Van Dyke's picture

Shoes tell a lot about the person wearing them.

When I look down I see, black shoes with lime green stripes. My shoes have white laces, the bottoms of the shoes are also white. Mud, and dirt stains splattered across them, like spots on a lady bug. If shoes tell a lot about the person, what do mine mean? Maybe blackness of the shoes is what I have overcome, and the green is the twist I put to everything. Maybe the black and green work together to make their own art, and own spirit. The white, are angels keeping me up and moving on my feet. The stains are challenges that I have walked away with a smile on my face, the stains are just showing that I will not give up, and it will pass. The laces are like my family, they hold everything together, I love my shoes, mine tell my story, let yours tell yours.

Emily Van Dyke's picture

Depression

Depression
When someone asks the question that makes my teeth crack like an egg to a window, or that makes me shake and, tremble like a tray dog, it makes me want to sleep it off, but i cant because, some days i feel as bijou as a mouse being chased by a pack of wolves other days, i am the leader of the wolves.  When someone says to forget about it and work, i feel as if they are telling me to walk in shoes that are to small, that cut into my feel but, they simply tell me to walk it off. i feel trapped inside the eye of the storm, and it doesn't take me long to realize that my trembling ankles are to weak to support my body because the fear that has been widdled inside of me refuses to move to make room for the happiness, and the will to run.
Emily Van Dyke's picture

Sick

Sick
Small girl, happy, heart beating
Small girl, 5th birthday, running
Girl, warm, growing
Girl, almost teen, smile
Teen, slow, pale
Teen, sick, chapped lips
Teen, skinny, hospital
Young adult, hair falling out, eyes closed
Young adult, motionless, yellow teeth
Young adult, heart slow, more chemo
Angel, silence, light

Emily Van Dyke's picture

Anxiety

Emily Van Dyke's picture

Paper Airplanes

Paper Airplanes
have you ever wondered about the secret of the paper plane. the secret that whispers in you ear as it zips. we see the white structure, but what about the inside? we say open sesame to its folded wings, as its flying in the air seem so unworried, that its going to crash. what is the secret on why its so, unworried? why can it fly when words are pounding on its inside like an unanswered question? why does it seem so lifeless when we open it up and find words running across its chest like kids at the playground. what is the secret that is hiding under the wings of a paper cut palace. what is your secret?

Emily Van Dyke's picture

I am a girl

Emily Van Dyke's picture

A World

A world
A young round sphere spinning like a fish in a fish bowl looking like a ball full of light. The warm light colors of green and blue clash together as the white of the fluffy poise clouds spinning and swirling carelessly around the round world of light and structure. As you get closer you see the eyes of the rolling hills along with, the beauty of the water that seems so unhurried. Untouched forests dancing like rain drops in a storm. Trees stand transfixed and seems to be staring blankly at the warped ferns that seems so jovial and fragile. 

Emily Van Dyke's picture

To my sister