Line Break, Episode 36

Line Break, Episode 35

Hi everyone! This week I spoke with ivyparks about her poem, "glistening sea glass hearts," blue cotton candy, writing about feelings, talking to strangers, Harry Potter and my big announcement, and Rainbow Rowell's books. Also, the next Oh Snap! Open Mic is April 24th at 1 p.m. EDT! Sign up if you'd like to join us for a very fun afternoon of reading poetry and sharing our thoughts on all different writing and book related topics!
I hope you enjoy!
-Iris

Audio download:
Podcast35Edited!!.mp3

Line Break, Episode 34

Hi everyone! This week I spoke with Roses about her poem, "gray," mythology, water as a metaphor, taking inspiration from Line Break (listen to Episode 30, Part 2 here!), North Dakota possibly being home to Area 51, and seventh grade drama. A little subway rumbling can be heard throughout this episode, but it shouldn't be too bad. 
I hope you enjoy! Also, send me a message if you're interested in recording a Line Break episode! I'd love to talk about your poem and tons of other cool writing-related and completely random topics. 
-Iris

Audio download:
Podcast34Edited!!.mp3

Take a pause and listen!

One: A Year of Line Break in Photos and Writing

Hi everyone! Here is the very special “One: A Year of Line Break in Photos and Writing” Episode of Line Break! I put together all of the poems that have been featured on Line Break over the past year as a poetry collection for your ears. Also, photos from thegreenone and laurenm are included above.

Happy Birthday, Line Break!

Hi everyone! March 14th is exactly a year since I posted the very first episode of Line Break, and I am so happy and grateful to everyone who has been on the podcast, listened to the episodes, and supported Line Break in any way! It means so much to me that I’ve been able to create episodes for an entire year (wow!!), talk about writing with amazing young writers and share their work for others to appreciate and be inspired by. Thank you so much, YWP!! Keep an eye out for a special episode coming soon! 

-Iris

Thank you to:

Line Break, Episode 32

Line Break, Episode 31

Hi everyone! This week I spoke with Sunflowergirl about her poem, "Forget Me Please," being inspired by the weather, pulling an all-nighter, feeling giddy at funerals, going to big cities, and admiring other YWP writers. Also, I mentioned that Yellow Sweater and I are hosting another Oh Snap! YWP Online Open Mic on February 27th at 1pm EST. You can sign up here to join us, and we'd love to see you there! 
I hope you enjoy!
Iris
Audio download:
Podcast31Edited!!.mp3

Line Break, Episode 30 Part 2

Hi everyone! Here is the very special Episode 30, Part 2 of Line Break! Amaryllis and I gave each other lines that we wrote, which we used as inspiration to write our own poems. My poem, january., can be found here, and amaryllis' poem, hallowed halos, hollow be thy name can be found here. In this episode, we talked about our poems, superstitions, my writing process, writing songs versus poems, memories, and what it was like to write using each others' lines. 
I hope you enjoy this episode, and thank you to everyone at YWP for supporting Line Break and creating a really amazing podcast with me! 
-Iris
Audio download:
Podcast30pt2Edited!!!.mp3

january.

(listen to episode 30, part 2 of Line Break to listen to how this poem was inspired by a line that amaryllis wrote, and to listen to her poem that was inspired by one of my lines!) 

Periwinkle skies in the middle of the night. The inelegant purr of my typewriter. Lucid dreams, I’m aware of a complete numbness in my body that I mistake for loneliness.

I only throw pennies in pairs, seventeen years of tossing salt over my shoulder never blinded any demons. I want to crack open pistachios while the world orbits around me, the Earth itself is sometimes poetry.

Cacao powder, dried flowers pressed into books with gilded pages, spilled espresso makes ink beads that spread out on homemade paper like a ripple in the water.