powered by your voice
navigator's picture

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Genre: Drama, Comedy

Starring: Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Cate Blanchett

Director: Wes Anderson

Description: Aging oceanographer Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) goes on a mission to find and kill a shark that ate his best friend. But the whole mission goes awry when his son Ned Plimpton (Owen Wilson) turns up out of nowhere. The story is told in Wes Andersons signature complicated and bizarre way so it is not an easy watch and takes some thinking. That is the only real downside to the film.

Rating 9.1 out of 10
navigator's picture

Animal House R

Genre: Comedy

Director: John Landis

Description: The Dean of Pennsylvania college trys to expel a fraternity from the school but the wild fraternity is determined to not let that happen.
Animal House is a satirical look at life in a fraternity.  But the movie has open nudity, and a lotof alcohol consumption including a memorable scene in which Bluto, one of the students drains an entire bottle of whiskey in about ten seconds. So certainly not a movie to show to your kids. Except if your my dad.

Rating: 7.4 out of 10
navigator's picture

Animal House R

Animal House   R

Genre: Comedy

Director: John Landis

Rating: 7.4 out of 10
in non-fiction 0 Comments challenge: Lucky
navigator's picture

Lucky Number

The county fair was doing a giveaway. Two bikes. About two hundred people. Low chances.

Three numbers go by no person to go with them and win. The fourth goes to a kid named Jude. Then three more numbers go by no one to go with them.

The next number is called. Seven four one two four three. My number.

That day was the only day I ever won a raffle. Ever. Seven four one two four three. Thats my lucky number.
navigator's picture

Inequality

Why does it have to be like this?
Soldiers keeping watch at the bay.
Muslims dying every day.
People bullied because they're gay.
During the summer, americans get to take in rays, while africans have to walk for days.
Why does it have to be like this?

navigator's picture

Because of the Rebels

Chapter 1

I am one of a group of eight rebels sent to retrieve a statuette of Saheeli Rye, a very powerful wizard who has sided with the rebels.

The statue is like a voodoo doll. It was made for the ruler of Kaladesh, a huge city in the middle of the country of Ghirapur.To complete this mission we will have to get to the very center of the city, where the statue and many others like it are kept. But that means getting through the Inventor’s Fair. It is a month-long event where inventors can showcase their inventions through competitions, sales, and arena fights for weapons. It is probably the biggest event in Ghirapur.

The rebels are against our new ruler, a human, who proposed confiscation of inventions made by Vedalken and Aetherborn, two races that haven’t been discriminated against in eons.

The rebel base is just outside the city of Kaladesh.

Chapter 2

As we are walking through the forest, the looming city walls appear in the distance.

“We’ll camp out just before the sentry’s on the city walls can see us,” says Crag, our leader.

We stop just before we get to in the open space, just in front of the wall.

“Sentries are spaced about every 100 yards, so we’ll have to take down a few,” says Crag.

We are all told to take cover and start sending arrows at the sentries. It doesn’t take a lot of time to down four sentries with eight skilled archers shooting at them.
in fiction 2 Comments challenge: It
navigator's picture

It

It changed everything if I hadnt turned that corner that day I never would have met him.
My friend Micheal gave me his fortune.
I never was very well off on the monetary scale.
He just died from a heart attack.
But it turns out he left me most of his fortune.
I met on the street corner that day.
He was a game programmer.
It changed everything.

navigator's picture

What Makes Me Happy

What makes me happy about my home state Vermont,is that it was one of the few states that Hillary won.
What makes me proud about my home state is that we are the only state that did not have a police shooting of a African-American person.
My home state is little. My home state is fun.
My home state is awesome.

navigator's picture

The Balloon Race

What a day for a race.
   No wind, no rain,no weather.
   It,s the final race. There are three balloons left.
   And there off.
   After two hours of exciting balloon racing.
   Now is the final challenge.
  You see this isnt just a race, its an obstacle course.
    Well, if you can call trying to avoid being shot down by a shotgun a obstacle.
Anyway this race has been going on for 55 years. Nobody has survived.
   We'll see what happens.

navigator's picture

Deer

I needed to write something really fast so here goes.

I am the deer.
I have to cross the road.
I wish my hearing was better.
Okay I think I'm safe.
The coast is clear.
I get to the yellow lines before it hits me.
I realize I left my pile of sticks on the other side of road
Then it hits me, the car I mean.

WHAM!!!!!!!!