Isolated

Delicate fringes of mannered creamy stitches drape across
Purposeful tan extremities and the careful fingers of time spent with nail polish and rich money in toe, stroking
Silky curls which
Hang around phone screen of friends absorbing
The gaze of habitual eyes that
Fail to see in disregard to contamination the
Rich tendrils of moss which
Drape in folding extensions across
Light lit raw stone and it's cool touch against 
Light khaki shorts or
The polished backs of ants as they shop for sustenance in their disproportionate mall of rock moss tree rock moss tree and 
They live to scare the pretentious humans unaccepting of relation to such monstrosities other than
Through a filtered lens
The size of an ant

The avoided pond

I fold restless legs underneath myself and connect more of myself to the soft red pine needles and well-trod dirt, the rest of our group in similar states of settling down. The sarcastic comment as we viewed the dark pond sticks in my mind. “We aren’t walking through THAT are we?” I think of the abundant ecosystem the same pond provides, and yet the residue it leaves making it unpleasant and unwelcoming. I imagine getting into the water and the thought of it makes me shiver.

The Weight of Water

A shush engulfs the valley     and
miniscule flesh of roots skinned by travel   and
the whispering drizzle collects to cling on the tips of pine   and
as mist clears, my reflection sharpens in the water caught between sage old rock   and
drip, slip, condensation remembers its past home below the cliffs   and
I am rooted like the water   and
now, trunks, bark, vanish   and
stumps coat me in the valley   and
my mind-boggle-fog passes into clean sky   while
I am floating in a sea 

Soo... haven't been on here for a long time and I usually post art - but should be posting a bunch more writing as well as art as I finally return! So happy to be back to YWP (:

Can’t we see?

Boxes

Dark room print #2

I'm taking a darkroom photography course at my high school this semester (!!), this is the second full print I have made:) The first print was of a person so unfortunately, I cannot post it but I was happier with it than this one.

Snow light #1

Teapot

Theoretical