Meet YWP's Summer Interns

Welcome YWP Summer Interns: Shannon Ripp, left, and Grace Safford, right, of Champlain College!
Watch for their comments on your writing under their usernames: ShanRippWriting and Grace Safford
AND -- new this summer! -- 14 YWP writers and one YWP alum from NYC will be helping us help you -- as Community Leaders (writing mentors, idea generators, project assistants, you name it!)
ALSO new this summer: WRITING BUDDIES.

The Voice - May/June 2017

The Voice - April 2017

Each month, with community help, YWP assembles the very best writing, images, audio and video for display in The Voice, our monthly digital magazine. In the April issue, meet Writer of the Month Elizabeth Hardt, read all about news & events, discover new writers and artists. Be inspired!

YWP Wins Grant to Promote Tolerance

French Poetry Competition

Vermont Writes Day 2017

Vermont Writes Day is Friday, February 10!

Join hundreds, thousands -- meeeelions! -- of writers across Vermont who will stop what they're doing for JUST SEVEN MINUTES -- AND WRITE!

This is Young Writers Project's annual day of honoring writing, a day when people of all ages in Vermont (and our neighbors in New Hampshire) take a few minutes to write to seven fun and zany prompts created just for Vermont Writes Day. You can participate on your own, or in class with fellow students and teachers; you can use pencil and paper, or write on one of our websites!

2017 Calvin Writing Prize

Winter Tales!

Congratulations to the winners of the Winter Tales Challenge! Selected works were presented in early December by the Vermont Stage Company actors and by all accounts the shows were outstanding!
Selected were: Eliza Goodell, Sophie Usherwood, Chloe Gagnon, Julia Remillard, Shannon MacDonald, Sophia Nistico, Saia Patel, Landon Smith, Finn Verdonk, Sophie Dauerman, Remy Schulz, Abby Simmons, Anna Phelps, Devon DeMarse!

SELECTED WORKS & WHEN THEY WERE PRESENTED BELOW
CLICK HERE TO READ ALL THE WINTER TALE RESPONSES

Fall Conference Portraits

Alison Redlich, a professional photographer and photography workshop leader at YWP's Fall Conference, grabbed her camera and got to work during a short break in the agenda to create these portraits of some of the participants at the Nov. 5 event at the Vermont College of Fine Arts in Montpelier.
#FALLCONF16

All photos by Alison Redlich

Snapshots of Fall Conference 2016

Amazing day of writing, photography, audio, poetry, performance and storytelling at YWP's Fall Conference! Thanks to all for your energy, imagination and effort. It is not easy to spend the day working as hard as you did (all while having a little fun!)

We'll do it again March 11, 2017 at the Vermont College of Fine Arts in Montpelier -- hope to see you there!

Many thanks to our presenters: Reuben Jackson, Geof Hewitt, Jeff Baron, Alison Redlich and Rusty DeWees. (And, yes, GG, too!)

PLEASE POST YOUR CREATIONS HERE. GIVE THEM THE HASHTAG #FALLCONF16. THANKS!

All photos by Alison Redlich

See another slideshow on the day here: http://youngwritersproject.org/portraits