The Voice- February 2018

EHS Photos

March Wonders

We are loving all the incredible writing, photos, and art in this issue! We are constantly amazed by the talent on youngwriterproject.org. There are some great pieces of writing that explore societal issues and demonstrate the importance of having more compassion and understanding for one another. These writers are standing up for what matters. The creativity is on a whole new level with unique topics and outstanding artwork that truly make The Voice a fantastic collection of work.

Shout out to Katelyn Brown for the cover image, "Night Sky," along with Trinity DeMasi's "Midnight Mountains" on the opposite page, and other great pieces from the students of Danville School that are featured throughout this issue. Special shout out to Danville art teacher Abigail Bartell, abartell, for submitting the students' art to YWP! 

We look forward to the next issue for more out of this world work! 

Allium Anthology

The Allium Anthology is looking for your submissions. Get your work published!

Partnered the Champlain College Office of Diversity and Inclusion, the Allium Anthology is an online publication seeking to give a platform to young, marginalized voices. Allium is publishing essays, poetry, music, art (painting, sculptures, makeup, etc), and photo essays centered around the theme of breaking down stereotypes about place and culture. To learn more about submission guidelines and the project, visit alliumanthology.weeby.com. While you're at the website, make sure to check out the essay that inspired the project, "To My Gambian Friends Who Believe Trump is Right to Call Africa a 'Shithole'" by Absa Samba. 

Allium has extended their submission deadline to April 15th. Email your submissions to [email protected]. All work must be original. Multiple submissions are welcome. 

Snapshots of #vtwritesday

Jul 24

Time to Start Reading — YWP Book Club

The YWP Book Club is officially starting our book! It is time to start reading Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart. The reading schedule and the activities for the book have been POSTED. Go over to the book club HERE to check them out.

For Week One, we will be reading chapters 1 - 7 from July 24th to July 30th.

Don’t worry, you can still get your copy of Some Kind of Courage and join the YWP Book Club. We will be having regular conversations about books, and a party with an author talk from the author of Some Kind of Courage, Dan Gemeinhart on August 16th.

We’re so excited to read and talk books with you!

Jul 07

Social Media Galore!

Green