A love story

He takes her hand and apologizes for everything. He says he sorry for cheating and he would do anything for her, Tara sits patiently and waits till he is done. When Kyle finishes she takes her hand out of his. He pleads with her to take him back, but she stands up and asks him to leave.
“ What?”
“ Leave.”
“ No, you need to take me back.”
“ No I do not, and if you don’t leave I will call the cops.”
“ You can’t do this. You can’t leave me.It was a mistake.”
“ I just did.” and she walked inside her house and locked the door behind her. He stood there for a few minutes and finally left, stomping like a 2-year-old.
“He’s 17, he can deal with this on his own,” she said. She stopped to think about it. Then she felt her feelings come into play.

Mist

In the mist, the light aglow,
The fireflies put on a show,
They take turns,
To set the world on ‘fire’
Cause in their world,
The light gets tired

In the mist, the light aglow,
Sits a cricket down below,
He hops around,
In the night below
To look for the fire
That puts the light in the grove

In the mist ,
the light aglow
The fireflies put on a show
They take turns
To set the world on’ fire’,
To put to rest,
Their ‘burning’ desire.

In the mist the light aglow,
The cricket finds the show,
He watches as the light gets higher,
And fireflies set the world on fire.

(Photo credit: YWP Photo Library, photo by Kevin Huang)
fiction 0 comments challenge: Loss

Losing you -- Fiction

When I stepped foot into the room, I could feel a slience and then i heard the monitors, just as they were 3 months ago, nothing changed but the flowers, bedding, and the socks on your feet. It's been three months since you tried to take your life, it's been three months since you took that trip off the edge. You took those pills and went to sleep.

You havent woken up, you put yourself in a coma. I know you wanted to leave and i forgive you for everything. They wont take you off. I think it's time for them to let go. It's time for me to let go.

They were in the middle of a conversation, but I interuppted. I quielty said what needed to be said, tears streaming down my face.

" It's time, take her off." Thats all I said.

Halloween

It was a warm morning for it being October. All the ruckus outside meant the neighbors were putting out their pumpkins and the decorations. The following night there would be kids piling up at houses asking for candy, hoping to get more than one piece a stop. The teens waiting till late to loot the bowls full of Milky Ways and Snickers,the elderly leave on their porch before they go to bed.