fiction 0 comments challenge: Loss
Emalie Rosamae's picture

Losing you -- Fiction

When I stepped foot into the room, I could feel a slience and then i heard the monitors, just as they were 3 months ago, nothing changed but the flowers, bedding, and the socks on your feet. It's been three months since you tried to take your life, it's been three months since you took that trip off the edge. You took those pills and went to sleep.

You havent woken up, you put yourself in a coma. I know you wanted to leave and i forgive you for everything. They wont take you off. I think it's time for them to let go. It's time for me to let go.

They were in the middle of a conversation, but I interuppted. I quielty said what needed to be said, tears streaming down my face.

" It's time, take her off." Thats all I said.
Emalie Rosamae's picture

Halloween

It was a warm morning for it being October. All the ruckus outside meant the neighbors were putting out their pumpkins and the decorations. The following night there would be kids piling up at houses asking for candy, hoping to get more than one piece a stop. The teens waiting till late to loot the bowls full of Milky Ways and Snickers,the elderly leave on their porch before they go to bed.