Kikiclimbs05's picture

I am

I am trailing my fingers along the wall, tired, going home
I am sucking my on finger, the scratch made from a loose brick, sticking out from the wall
I am rememerbing all of the novels I've read, with the ladies who hide notes to their lovers behind crumbling, loose bricks
I am pulling the brick out, watching a piece of paper no bigger that a post-it fluttering to the ground
I am picking it up, unfolding it, smoothing it out
I am reading it
I am dropping the note, running home
I am reading the words. over and over again in my head
Go away, Natasha. You and your fantasy books, your swirling desires. I never loved you, Natasha Greene, and I know that you loved me, you sad pathetic excuse for a lover.
I am walking up to my house, The house that has Greene written on it in swirling calgiraphy over the front door
I am getting my key out, door opening already
I am hugging, being hugged

Kikiclimbs05's picture

Look around

Kikiclimbs05's picture

I know

I know that she is
worried
sweat condensing on her palms
that she tries to rub off every minute or so
I know that this is the first
time
that she has done anything like this
gone on a date
or whatever you want to call it
I know that she would never in amillion years hope that
this person
would actually say yes
I  know from a 
thousand half sided conversatins in the car
with her half sobbing
half laughing
I know that she
doesn't want to be
broken
but she has trouble finding someone
who will
take care of her
I know that she needs this person in her life
I know when ehr ead snaps up as a
lithe figure with 
long blond hair walks down the driveway
I know when 
she starts crying
I'm too low to know
what the girl said
only that it hurt her
I know when she drives away
because I can feel the
wheel
against my self
Kikiclimbs05's picture

Silence

Melli looked around at the noiseless room. People were laughing and shouting, but the only thing she heard was silence. This is how she was born. In a world full of color and noise, she had none of it. People had tried describing color to her before, but she couldn't grasp it. She got up, tking one last look around the room before walking outside. She popped some gum out of her pocket. Extra spicy cinnamon. Her sense of taste was diminished as well, although she could taste extreme flavors. Leaning against a wall, she surveyed the street, looking around at the houses surrounding the party. She knew she should go back in there, but writing everything down was just too tiring. For her and for everyone else. She had been the maid of honor at her sister wedding, but had taken the dress off hours ago. Looking at her watch, she could just wake out the numbers 11:56. She sighed  noiselessly and sank down to the asphalt. She started drifting off.
Kikiclimbs05's picture

The way she...

The way she laughs
the way she curls up into a ball
when she thinks I'm not looking
the way she taps our cat on the nose
so gently
youd think it was an accident
the way she looks
when shes rereading her favorite book
and it is the best part
the way her eyes close when she is thinking of the sun
the golden bronze of her hair in the afternoon
the way she moves in the water
splashing 
the ins and outs of the woods
seem that much more special 
when she ducks and weaves
when playing tag
the way her heart pounds 
when shes going fast
the way she would never, ever run outside
without saying goodbye
the way she seems to float
when everyone is watching
the way she feels like shes not enough
even though she is 
the way she looks when she laughs
the way that everything she does makes me smile
even when she isn't trying
Kikiclimbs05's picture

BOI. Stay away from the shop!

"Man, what the heck took you so long?"
"I was just getting a fly, ok?"
"Bro-"
"Jake!"
Jake and his husband Danny have been married for 10 years.
"Ok, so I was at the shop. Why do you care?!"
"Let me put it this way: I love you. You cheated on me when we were only dating. The only kind of person who works at the shop are cute guys! get my point?"
"Ok. Fine, you win. You want to go down there together?" 
"Yeah. Maybe we can get a bike or something"
"Ok.cool."
"Yeah."

Kikiclimbs05's picture

Forest (So original, I know)

As you walk
you ponder
what would the 
wandering lines mean
if they were
straight and desicive
would the forest make a descion to do that
would you make the descion
straight line would never wander
you ponder
the meaning of curvy, twisting, undesicive beauty
Kikiclimbs05's picture

the Bell Village

I biked as hard as I could, as fast as I could. I wouldn't stop, I couldn't. I had to get away from that house, away  from that village. The huge bells in the church began to chime with increasing fervor. Everyone would know what it meant. That was why I left. I can't understand the bells. My mother and my father could. They had no idea I couldnt. Then my father found out. He was eavesdropping on a conversation my friend Lena and I were having. I trust her with my life. My dad, not so much, seeing as hes the one trying to take it. Bell-deaf people don't last long in my village. Lena said she would come, but I can see she won't. dad waited till she was out of the house before he came at me, purple with rage, screamin. "How could you do this to us? HOW? come here you little liar, we'll see where all that gets you." I ran to my room and hid, but I could still hear him shouting outside. My mom came home soon, and he calmed down pretty quick after that. Didn't even tell her.
Kikiclimbs05's picture

the Bell Village

Kikiclimbs05's picture

Glass heart

Joy walks around the fragmented glass. Every few second, a dazzling teardrop springs free and land, creating a kalaidascope effect. She kneels at the edge of the small, human shaped circle. Her mom had always told her that those with glass hearts break the easiest. She didn't think her little brother had a glass heart. She bent over, teeth clenched as she replayed the moment in her head. Her best friend, Angelena, had come over, and started teasing her brother. Angelena had become different in the last few months. Sharper. Crueler. She had called him names, told him no one loved him. Joy had went along with it, because that was who she was. A follower. He was on the ground, sobbing, when it happened. Angelena had called him an especially cruel name, a name Joy wouldnt even think. He just... shattered. Fell to pieces. Angelena screamed, and ran. Pushing someone to that point- It was like manslaughter, but the charges were much harsher.