Zach.Kane's picture

Wishes

Wishes are often materialistic or asking for the best of all things. Now I am not going to sit here and say that I wish everyone was happy or whatever. However I will first wish for what I was always taught. My father taught me at a very young age to whenever you pray no matter what your first wish or statement is to ask God to grant you world peace. So my wish for tomorrow is, I wish for world peace and for it to never end. Now since world peace is in full effect and I am out of college and hopefully working in a decent job I will be real. I next wish for my dream car, a 2013 Subaru WRX STI hatchback with a six speed transmission and engine tune. I've wanted this car for my entire life and just need it. Hopefully the car stays on the road and that I don’t have too much fun with it and crash. Looks like I am fifty now with a family and a good life. To honestly think I am going to have to ask for a safe passage through life for all of my loved ones.
Zach.Kane's picture

Letter

Dear Senate Majority Leader,

There are clearly many things wrong with our country and society today. I could go on and on about all the problems and how to fix them and how to prevent further chaos and destruction. But instead, I am going to bring up one faulty thing in our government system. I would be grateful for you to rid our country of the gerrymandering. I am sure you know what gerrymandering is but in case the person who reads this first don’t here you go. Gerrymandering is the process of dividing regions of a city or state by population. This is a factor in how many electoral votes a state is permitted. However, what it is really used for is to split the region into democratic and republican parties. They are then weighed against each other and usually, one party comes out more prevalent than the other. This is how a state is pushed to either vote republican or democratic. I ask of you to bring this up to the house and congress and abolish it from our voting system. With this, we will have a more accurate voting outcome, which is what all of America wants. Thank you for reading and striving to make this happen. Good Luck.
Sincerely, 

A Student
Zach.Kane's picture

Letter

Zach.Kane's picture

Letter

Zach.Kane's picture

Alive

Zach.Kane's picture

My Summer Plans

Zach Kane

1/5/18

Young Writers January 5
Prompt: General.

My Summer Plans

My plans for this summer are exciting but also simple. I’m going to be working at a camp. I’ve been working at this camp for a few years now. I working alongside my dad doing groundskeeping. The camp is a summer camp for girls. I work in the winter part time and in the summer full time unless I’m away. The camp is called Camp Lochearn. I will working all day everyday. I will hopefully save enough money for a car by the end of the summer.
Zach.Kane's picture

Fidget Spinners And Water Bottle Flipping

Fidget Spinners And Water Bottle Flips

The weirdest fad of 2017 would have to be fidget toys. Not just fidget spinners but every fidget type toy. Mainly fidget spinners and fidget cubes. Companies looked at the fidget spinners as a way to make money. They mass produced them. Making them cheap and ugly. Soon every store carried them. From gas stations to grocery stores,everyone had them. All fidget spinners were cheap and very low quality. To get a decent spinner you had to go online and buy one.

Another fad was water bottle flipping. Water bottle flipping was cool but also a huge waste of time. The tricks were cool. The time wasted on trying to get impossible shots could have been spent doing something more productive. Sometimes flipping could make a mess like if the cap isn’t completely  on and the water spills everywhere. Flipping also got people into trouble. For example at my school a kid got a detention for water bottle flipping.

Zach.Kane's picture

Favorite sports moment

My most recent memorable sport moment would be when I took a hit for a player on my soccer team. It was our first playoff game, this kid on the other team and my teammate have been going at it all game. They were swearing pushing and playing dirty. It was on a corner kick. I met the ball with my head to clear it. One of my teammates got it and dribbled up the field with it. He lost the ball and the opposite team brought the ball back. The ball came to me and I cleared it out. Right at that moment the kid going at it with my teammate hit at a full sprint. The hit was intended for my teammate. Once getting up my teammate pestered him about missing and so did the rest of my team. A fight almost broke out between teams. But was quickly settled. That player then got benched for the rest of our game. We ended up losing but it was a great experience to play under the lights.

Zach.Kane's picture

Invention

Worst Invention Ever

The worst invention ever created is alcohol. Alcohol is basicly a drug. Alcohol causes 88,000 deaths per year. Without alcohol the world would be a much better place. Six people every day die’s on average. Alcohol causes a lot of bad things. People can argue that alcohol is a good thing. But really when you look at facts and numbers alcohol just as bad and addictive as some drugs. Drinking alcohol can lead to disease. It can cause alcoholics out of normal people. Many will argue that alcohol can help with nerves. Alcohol does help but it can get you hooked right away. Alcohol is seen more in teenagers then drugs are. Teenagers will become addicts in a way shorter amount of time than adults.