Peter Gustafson's picture

Diaster

Sam Curtiss, age 12
Essex Junction

4/13/20

Week 33

Disaster 

I used to be a peasant in my community, poor, and  only allowed to prey on birds and swines. One day I was promoted and I grew to see the world around me and with this big world came something bigger, the  human society. First I was hungry and wanted lots of humans to prey on. So I went to a place where the most humans live, China. When I got there I started to prey on my victims and killed them. But the government didn't want this to be the end of their trading with the world, so they kept it a secret for a while. After a couple of months I got tired of chinese food and I wanted some pizza. So I went to Italy for their  amazing cuisine. I ate and I ate, killing as I went. I was not satisfied, I wanted more! So, I split, not into one but into many.
Peter Gustafson's picture

Homeish week 31

Home-ish   week 31

Patrick Jordan, Essex Junction 

ADL 11
When I'm in my home I feel safe like nothing can hurt me or do anything to me. People usually think “Well I have one home and one home only” that's not the case for me…  
Peter Gustafson's picture

all is quiet

Peter Gustafson's picture

General writing- but such an outstanding piece

Peter Gustafson's picture

week 34 Sunshower

Regis Houlier, age 12

YWP week 34 Sunshower

Essex Junction
In my small village in upper South America, today a special event is happening, A Sunshower. A Sun shower is when the forest demons fight our god, Vernith. The Forest Demons are the spirits of a sacred tribe long ago that sent fires to the forest and stole valuables from other tribes. But their leader Vernith wanted to stop that, and help instead of harm, so he became  leader, and protected the jungle against his old Tribe. The tribe did not want to change their ways, and did terrible things to show Vernith that they will never join his side.
Peter Gustafson's picture

Disaster week 33

Collin Fournier, age 12

Young writers project

Essex Junction

Week 33
                            Disaster

I thought my life was about to end.

I was alone now.

Kenny was somewhere buried in the wreckage.

Mrs. Zoey’s class hamster has disappeared now as well.

I think I could still see my couch and TV still there.

It was in the same spot we left it.

Everything was a wreck…

But that.

I pulled the rebar from out between my legs, it was holding me in place.

When I got it off I tried to stand up but the fierce wind pulled me down.

“This is a disaster” I thought.

I looked around me as the wind took my house down.

The TV and couch were finally gone.

Maybe this disaster was on humans, what have we done.

Peter Gustafson's picture

Stashed week 34

Ava Kreiter                 Week 34 Stashed 

Essex Junction

Age 12 

The advice I would give to future students would be, always be yourself. To me the most important thing in life is to be yourself. My second grade teacher once told me I was very much like one of the characters in a book we read. The girl in the book didn't care what anyone else thought. At first I didn’t understand. I truly cared what everyone else thought about me. It took me a while to realize that she wanted me to be myself, and that's how she encouraged me. If you are yourself people want to be friends with you for who you are, not for what other people say.

Peter Gustafson's picture

week 32 Ocean

Michelle Benneig
Age 12   Essex Junction
The Ocean: Contest #32

As I walk across the harbor.

With my feet in the sand, leaving footprints behind me.

The yellow orange sun shining on the side of my face.

The wind blowing my shirt around.

The wind blowing my hair around, like grass on a windy day.

The smell of salt, filling up my nose.

My dog walking by my side, acting like my best friend that I wish I had

This would be the view of the ocean

Peter Gustafson's picture

week 32 Oceans

Sam Hougton, 12   Essex Junction

Week #32: Ocean

One of the most extraordinary places in the world. I have the ability to go there. When I visit this magical place, I don’t just think about the water and the  nifty seagulls that fly around and steal food, but the life sustaining this wonderful home. From the algae at the bottom of the food chain, to the stormy waves that role over the rocks, this place is truly special. In my perspective it’s the peak of all life that lives on Earth. To be able to visit such a place is more than I could ever ask for. On the seashore there is always something new to discover, whether it's a cool creature, a piece of sea glass, or an interesting piece of pottery that tells a story from long ago. On the water you can relax and let the waves carry you. You can think about absolutely nothing, take deep breaths and fall asleep under the warm and toasty sun.