Red-Headed Pin

I am a pin. I live in a community of pins. All of their heads are yellow. But mine is red. I am the only one that is different. I don’t know if I should be proud. Or ashamed. I get picked on at pin school. My friends and parents tell me that it’s alright. But is it? The more I think about it, the worse I feel. I try to act normal, but every mirror. Every expression on a strangers face. Is a reminder, like a stab in the chest. That I am different, and I will never be normal. I make a wish that I will someday be normal. That I could be happy. It’s unfair that I get picked on for things that I can not change. But I now realize, is being different so bad after all?

Huckle Buckle

Huckle Buckle

As the wind blows it is as if it carries the snow with it. Houses surround me when the snow disappears. I can finally see the bare trees that are as tall as my eyes can see. The road was busy and loud. The sun shines like a thousand gold rings. My eyes gaze at a single glistening snowflake that lands on the surface of my nose. I look in the distance to see mountains covered in snow.

A huge grey rock sits in front of me. A sound grabs my attention. It was coming from behind the rock. As I take a step closer to the rock a white weasel pops its head out. It was fury and small. His nose was pink and his eyes were black.We stare into each others eyes in silence.  I felt as if it was a black hole sucking me in.

Holiday

The most memorable holiday story was on christmas eve.  I was about six or seven at the time.  I was laying on the couch at my dads house.  My brother and I were watching a christmas movie,    the fire was lighten,  we were both half asleep, we were both cozy, it was a perfect christmas eve night.  Well, until this happened.  

“Owwwwww!”  I shouted.  I reached back to scratch my back when I dislocated my elbow.  I have done this before, but not many times.

My dad came rushing down and questioned, “What happened?”  

“I don’t know but my elbow really hurts,”  I said holding back my wet tears.   

My dad sighed and said, “Well let’s take you to the Emergency Room.”
My dad, my brother, step mom and I all drove to the Emergency Room.  I don’t really remember the drive because I fell asleep.  But before I knew it, we were inside a hospital room.

Fad

I think that the weirdest fad of 2016-17 was rubber band bracelets. I mean, COME ON! I thought that our society was advanced, but we make bracelets out of tiny, rubber bands! Plus, after a week the bands break if you stretch them at all! Everybody would make all the different styles of rubber band bracelets. Sorry, but I don’t want to spend two hours making a bracelet that’s going to last what, like two days?

Plus, there’s the time that it takes to learn how to make them; I don’t even have the patience to learn how to whistle! There’s no way to get it the perfect size; it’s either strangling your wrist and cutting off its circulation, or it falls off your wrist.

You know how your parents always yell at you for having a rubber band on your wrist? Well, this is the exact same thing!

Holiday

It all started about a month before Christmas, “Now that we redid our bedrooms, where is Ashley going to sleep on Christmas Eve? I had to make sure that she wasn’t going to have to sleep in the basement with all the uninvited snakes and mice.

“I don’t know, probably in your room. We’ll just have to wait and see,” my mom replied

For the rest of the month I was always asking that same question and thinking about the adventure we would have, considering I barely even sleep in past 2am on that exciting holiday.

Finally, it was christmas Eve night, and we had decided that my sister, and her bad cold, would be sleeping in my room for that night.

We all went to bed early so santa could come. Just like every night before Christmas, I took a backpack filled with necessities I needed that could need to keep my from getting out of bed so many times with excitement. And a list to make sure I had everything.

Holiday

In my dreams I could see the sparkling white snow on my big lawn in the front and back of my house. But then I realized I wasn't dreaming. I jumped out of bed and sprinted halfway down the hall to the stair case. All the lights were of and I could only see the glow of our christmas tree in the corner. I creeped down the stairs careful not to wake anyone. It was so hard to resist that urge from the light of the little plump tree. I put my shaking arms up to my face and realized that I had a big smile across my face. That's when I couldn't resist I made A loud squeal and covered my mouth agen which was now covering half of my face. ¨presents!!!!¨ I whispered to myself.

I tripped on the carpet covered stairs on  my way up to mom and dad's room. I really jumped on them when I ran to my mom's side of the bed. Its christmas!!!

Window

About eight years ago, when I was around 3 years old,  on christmas eve my family and I were coming home from Rutland or New Hampshire.  One third of the way home my sister and I  saw a glowing red lite in the dark sky and we thought it was Rudolph.  My sister and I yelled to our parents that Rudolph is in the sky!   We watched the red glow for about one half hour until it faded away.  
Watching the light for a half hour made me very tired and I fell asleep.  I woke up like an hour or so after that happened and saw the red light again!  This time it faded away quickly.  Then when looking out the window I saw a camel, or I thought.  

I was very excited and said to my sister, “There is a camel in the road!”  

Holiday

Christmas Camel

Holiday

I opened my eyes, early. 6:21 to be almost exact.

“Finally You’re up,” my brother said unexpectedly, “let’s go see the gifts that santa brought!” Rubbing my eyes sleepily I nodded my head slowly. My brother and I put on our socks and tiptoed down the stairwell, careful not to wake mom or dad.

“Woah” we exclaimed simultaneously.

“You got electric guitar!” I noted.

“You got a keyboard!” He replied. Running upstairs, We high fived each other. We skidded into Mom and dad's room, walking our dog, Angus who then woke momma and dad. We jumped on their bed, excitedly and shouted what we saw from the steps. What words we got from them were like “Great” or “Yay.”

“Can we go open presents?” we asked pleadingly.

“I figured that’s what I would be asked,” she replied “Sure let’s go, no WAIT!” she screamed, “Wait!”

Ugh, This would take forever!

Holiday

Christmas

I lay in my bed asleep. Finally I wake up to the feeling that it’s going to be a good day. I leap out of bed and get dressed in a jiffy. To begin my day, I ran as fast as I could into the living room, and I use my socks to scid out on the wood floors. Just then, Ty came down from his loft and walked into the living room.

“Ty, let’s bring the stockings into Mom, and Dad’s room.” I exclaimed excitedly. I got mine and my Dad’s stocking’s down, and Ty got his, and Mom’s stocking’s down. Then, we carried them into Mom and Dad's room.

“Mom wake up,” Ty whispered. Mom woke up.