Red-Headed Pin

I am a pin. I live in a community of pins. All of their heads are yellow. But mine is red. I am the only one that is different. I don’t know if I should be proud. Or ashamed. I get picked on at pin school. My friends and parents tell me that it’s alright. But is it? The more I think about it, the worse I feel. I try to act normal, but every mirror. Every expression on a strangers face. Is a reminder, like a stab in the chest. That I am different, and I will never be normal.

Huckle Buckle

Huckle Buckle

As the wind blows it is as if it carries the snow with it. Houses surround me when the snow disappears. I can finally see the bare trees that are as tall as my eyes can see. The road was busy and loud. The sun shines like a thousand gold rings. My eyes gaze at a single glistening snowflake that lands on the surface of my nose. I look in the distance to see mountains covered in snow.

Holiday

The most memorable holiday story was on christmas eve.  I was about six or seven at the time.  I was laying on the couch at my dads house.  My brother and I were watching a christmas movie,    the fire was lighten,  we were both half asleep, we were both cozy, it was a perfect christmas eve night.  Well, until this happened.  

“Owwwwww!”  I shouted.  I reached back to scratch my back when I dislocated my elbow.  I have done this before, but not many times.

Fad

I think that the weirdest fad of 2016-17 was rubber band bracelets. I mean, COME ON! I thought that our society was advanced, but we make bracelets out of tiny, rubber bands! Plus, after a week the bands break if you stretch them at all! Everybody would make all the different styles of rubber band bracelets. Sorry, but I don’t want to spend two hours making a bracelet that’s going to last what, like two days?

Holiday

It all started about a month before Christmas, “Now that we redid our bedrooms, where is Ashley going to sleep on Christmas Eve? I had to make sure that she wasn’t going to have to sleep in the basement with all the uninvited snakes and mice.

“I don’t know, probably in your room. We’ll just have to wait and see,” my mom replied

Holiday

In my dreams I could see the sparkling white snow on my big lawn in the front and back of my house. But then I realized I wasn't dreaming. I jumped out of bed and sprinted halfway down the hall to the stair case. All the lights were of and I could only see the glow of our christmas tree in the corner. I creeped down the stairs careful not to wake anyone. It was so hard to resist that urge from the light of the little plump tree.

Window

About eight years ago, when I was around 3 years old,  on christmas eve my family and I were coming home from Rutland or New Hampshire.  One third of the way home my sister and I  saw a glowing red lite in the dark sky and we thought it was Rudolph.  My sister and I yelled to our parents that Rudolph is in the sky!   We watched the red glow for about one half hour until it faded away.  

Holiday

Christmas Camel

Holiday

I opened my eyes, early. 6:21 to be almost exact.

“Finally You’re up,” my brother said unexpectedly, “let’s go see the gifts that santa brought!” Rubbing my eyes sleepily I nodded my head slowly. My brother and I put on our socks and tiptoed down the stairwell, careful not to wake mom or dad.

“Woah” we exclaimed simultaneously.

“You got electric guitar!” I noted.

Holiday

Christmas

I lay in my bed asleep. Finally I wake up to the feeling that it’s going to be a good day. I leap out of bed and get dressed in a jiffy. To begin my day, I ran as fast as I could into the living room, and I use my socks to scid out on the wood floors. Just then, Ty came down from his loft and walked into the living room.