powered by your voice
in fiction 0 Comments challenge: Technology

Technology

“After hours and hours of testing we finally have it H.C. now there is heat conditioning, who needs wood stoves when you can H.C. recommended for winter and cold climates!” said a commercial guy.

“Isn't that guy in every single commercial or what!” said Jonathan.

“Ya, but we should think about  getting one of those we live in Alaska consider that,”  Said his wife Margaret.

“Ya” Jonathan said. “all see were we get one.”

“ Now at lowes abashaunes hardware and target,” said the commercial guy.

“There we go,” Jonathan said.  One day later.  “I the got heat conditioner,” Jonathan mumbled.  “And it’s really heavy.”

“What color is it” said his wife.“It's brown and boxy,”  said Jonathan. “Well now we goto wait till atleast fall comes,” Johnathan repeated.

Technology

Breaking News!

Lily Walsh Recently Invented A

Whole New Type Of Technology
    On Monday, a new inventor, named Lily Walsh, created a Cloner 2,000.

Lily says, “That it is supposed to clone anyone or anything that goes inside of it.”

In an interview I had with Walsh, she described her new invention, as a tall, silverish-gray, rectangle, that has a glass door for people to enter through.

Lily stated “That she made a bench that you can place objects, that you want to be cloned, on the inside of her Cloner 2,000.”

As a reporter I feel that this invention is a revolutionary, new type of technology. I feel that being able to step into a Cloner 2,000 and come out to another version of yourself, is very fascin- -ating. I think that in 5he wrong hands this could be dangerous. But in the right hands can be an amazing tool.

Not to quote Walsh, but she did say that she invented a ginormous, 10 feet tall Cloner 2,000, by accident. Lily was trying to make a smartboard 2.0, but in the process she connected a few wires and by accidently made a invention that was super durable, was used for helping scientists study more in depth about this science fiction, and could clone all types of matter.

More on this story as it develops. Thank you for reading this week’s article of The Jeffersonville Newspaper.

-Tom Wrigley

Thunder

Crows lined up on a power line, Clouds circled above us turning an ugly gray.Lights flashed,thunder shook the earth.A house light on fire, lights burned through the windows people  screamed and gathered on the damp streets.”Rummmm!” thunder boomed down, Fiery red flames traveled across the night sky.More and more people fled to the streets, dodging the flaming rays.The sky was pitch black,blocking the only light to guide us through the night. Lightning shot of the sky  from all directions,blazing through the glass.City towers exploded  glass slivers whirled through the gray clouds, bursting with fear people grabbed their loved ones tight and ducked under anything they could find.The buildings burned down to the last ash and fire spread across the horizon. Flames circled around the town, Fear showed in everyone's eyes we were trapped.My “night was on fire”. I will never forget this memory filled fiery red with flames, it will always be a nightmare one I can’t wake up to, for the rest of my life.   

Thunder

There was a thunder sound and our mother told us to come inside but we did not listen. We were playing a game when there was thunder which was a bad thing. Finally we went inside when there was lightning. We were going to play games but the lightning hit our house and the house was gone except us. We had to hide from the lightning in a field which it couldn’t get us there. Thunder was going on for weeks and we didn’t know how to stop the thunder. The lightning and thunder finally stopped. We made a strong tent so we went inside it. Hopefully the thunder would not hit us while we were in the tent. The tent was the smallest thing so the lightning could not hit us in the field.  The next day we brought food and water in our tent.        

PART 2

A couple of months later the thunder and lightning was getting worse. The dark clouds were full of thunder and lightning. It stopped again for a month and we built a new house and it almost took a month to build. Mom helped us to build a new house and dad helped too. Finally the house was built and we lived in there forever. The lightning, the thunder and the water stopped, so we were very happy.

PART 3 ENDING

Thunder

The Lightning Show

I sit on the porch of my great grandmother's house, surrounded by my family in the middle of a heat storm. Hot rain is pouring down on all sides of the house. Nobody on the streets, it is too wet to go outside. I hear thunder, then counting the seconds until the lightning strikes. One second, two seconds, and finally thirty four seconds.

The thunder comes again. This time, I only count thirty seconds. And at that moment, I know what is going on. My parents had told me to count the seconds in between the thunder and lightning. Every time you counted a few seconds less than the time before, that meant the storm is getting closer. I can’t wait to see the lightning, because in this heat storm, the lightning would be purple and blue.

Finally, at last, we could see the start of the lightning. It’s like a firework show, but with lightning. I call it, The Lightning Show. The thunder is like drums beating while lightning flashes like fireworks. All the cool blues and purples blending together. Lightning and thunder, going on for hours and hours. Then it stopped raining, and flashing lightning. The Lightning Show was over.

Thunder

One Of The Biggest Storms
    I was at school and everyone is talking about one of the biggest storms. High wind and a downpour and maybe even a tornado. I hate storms. I’m absolutely terrified of them. At school, teachers put on the news so we can watch it and see how dreadful it is. Teachers say we won’t have school tomorrow. I was good with that.

“Class if you look out the window the clouds are dark and it's starting to rain and the wind is going to start,” Said the teacher.

Everyone ran to window with there mouth open. I didn't know this storm could come fast. The teacher tried to get us back over to watch the news again but are eyes are glued to the window. We were shocked. It was pouring now.

“Hi everybody this is your principal speaking, I'm sure we are all aware that there is a storm. It came so fast and it's really bad, so I called your parents and called it a half day. You must stay here until they come to get you. Thank you and stay safe. Also school is cancelled tomorrow,” said the principal.

Everyone is silent. I walked over to my seat and start packing my binders up and went out in the hallway to my locker. People came out of classrooms everywhere. The lights flickered. Some people screamed. But then the generators came on. But it was still dark. My teacher said she would put on a movie. My mom came twenty minutes later.  

Thunder

sound

That sound

That sound was the sound of me

Most children are scared of me

I hate that and

`            when i think about that I start going with thunder

Sometimes I ruin things like soccer games and parties
                I cry when that happens.

Sometimes I cry a lot         

And if you haven't noticed, I am the rain, clouds and

I am the rain, clouds and thunder

I can kill people, but I hate it

I would like to be nicer to people

So I started to save water in me.

I am what caused the four year drought in california,

I tried to give more to florida, louisiana, mississippi, alabama,
                And finally georgia.

I tried to stop but I could not I was stuck

And so this year I finally got some rain to california.

That is my story.

Thunder

The sky was black and foggy

The dark clouds poured out in showers of rain

The loud booming noise of thunder filled the room

I shielded my eyes so not to stare at the bright streaks of lightning

I heard the whimpers of my dog hiding under my bed

I tried to concentrate on the pitter patter of the rain hitting the roof

Sleep was out of the question

I shivered from the crisp spring air coming through my window

Hours afterwards I realized I had drifted to sleep

I could no longer hear the pouring pitter patter on the roof

The sky was clear and blue

Out my window I saw mud puddles just waiting to be jumped in

and the droplets of water falling from tree leaves and roofs

and morning dew acting as a blanket to the flowers

Mourning doves were cooing in the trees

The thunderstorm had passed

Thunder

The storm

BOOM! CRASH! I watch as the screaming kids, parents, neighbors, and friends run around, screaming. My ears have started ringing from all of the deafening sounds. Lightning strikes a powerline. Showering sparks everywhere. People run, shielding their heads. It's a nightmare. Or at least I wish it was. Things would be a lot easier if this hadn't happened. Our town wouldn't be destroyed, and it would be a normal, peaceful night, with everybody sleeping quietly in their warm beds.

The wind howls, blowing my hair into my face. I call for my parents, but I wouldn't be able to hear them if they answered anyways. And I don't know if they would be able to hear me over all this chaos. Where should I go? The only protective spots in my town are in the houses, and stores, I cant just go into someone's random house, and all the stores are closed.  But, wait, The tornado sellers! I could go into one of those and I would be completely safe!

I run to the nearest house, and find that seller is locked. The next house, same thing. How am I going to get to safety? I check the next house just to make sure, and it's not locked! I pull open the doors and find a young couple with a dog huddling in the corner together. They quickly rush over to me and usher me in. They take me into the corner with them. I close my eyes, waiting for it to be over.

Technology

FlitchFlitch is a wireless robot that helps you. It’s only 4”5 with the stretch legs it goes up to 30 feet. But if it stretches too far it will break. If it happens to break get out of the house and call the fire department, because it will light on fire. It has a oval shape head and rectangular body. It weighs about 130 pounds. If it has a lot of dust in it the weight is 145 pounds. It is originally red, blue, and yellow. But you can get it in black, green, and purple. It has two modes parent and child. Parent mode cleans your house, babysits, rocks your baby, and does shopping. In the child mode it play with you, cleans your room, makes your bed, and helps with homework. The way it works is there is a microchip in it that does what a human being would do. The way we did that was we scanned a living person so their brain waves were scanned also so whatever they would the robot does. That ends the conference of Flitch.