de alemania

a noche

A Song, an Awakening - J

Julio was scared, to say the least.
The plan had gone haywire, and now he was stuck in a dark, cramped cell with people he didn't know.
Where was Ravi?
Someone was holding his hand, shivering and crying next to him - a girl named Ara, who'd been bought with him what felt like weeks ago, even though it had only been days.
"It'll be alright," he said quietly, eyes searching the darkness for something to hope for. But there was nothing.
"Really?" He looked back down to Ara, and she looked hopeful. He had to swallow down his doubt.
"Yes."
There had to have been at least a dozen other people in this small cell. The air smelled of mildew and sweat and blood. Someone had had their arm broken, right? For disobeying the guards? Julio couldn't recall.
Ravi was supposed to be here by now. To get him out of here. No one knew what was going on, but the dried blood on the floor wasn't an encouraging sign.

sandwich

it was a blt, i think
my grandma had made it.
i don't know if she'd ever made one before, but i could find not faults in something created with love. 
the bacon was warm, the mayo was perfect, the tomatoes were fresh from outside. the bread was well-toasted, each bite a crunch of flavor.
it was amazing. 

i'm in my basement

Out n About

A Song, an Awakening - I

Illion was ready. 
There was no reason why he wouldn't be - it was just that monthly event that he'd been training for since he was young. No biggie, nothing special.
He laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling above him. The window was open, bringing in fresh air that he'd come to miss in only a few minutes. He sighed, closing his eyes as he breathed it in.
"Ill?" A voice, softly calling him, shook him somewhat. He hadn't realized he'd been about to fall asleep.
"Yes, Estada?" He sat up, grabbing a cup from his bedside table and sipping from it. Oils.
His little sister entered the room, closing the door behind her as she did. It shut with a soft click. "Are you nervous, Ill?"
"Not at all." Despite his reassurance, he fidgetted as he always did. "How are your studies?"
Estada's hair was a blond mess, but her eyes were focused. "They're going alright, but I really dislike history. I just don't get why any of it happened."

character ideas

hey ywp, 
i'm just gonna throw a copy-and-pasted blurb from my google keep here. i hope to write it soon.

Illion - A gifted singer, one who performs the rituals required, unbeknownst to him.
He's blindfolded during the rituals and is only required to sing, to summon Madeora
He's kept without knowledge of what actually happens.
Aligned with Omertà, and doesn't know what Omertà really is.
Speaks softly and hates violence & blood. Physically weak & kept sheltered. 17.

Madeora - the slumbering beast who is awakened only to feed. Should she not be fed, she will wreak destruction upon the earth. A singer is required to awaken her from her sleep to feed - if awoken without a singer, she will be consumed with rage & endeavor to mutilate those that dared awaken her. She will only rest when presented with a suitable sacrifice and lulled to sleep. Eternal.
poem 0 comments challenge: Junk

red

it's a red amish wagon.
the wheels, deflated and nearly falling off
squeaking when forced to move
the long metal handle, 
stuck with rust 

they're not fence posts, exactly
but they serve as the sides to the wagon
slatted, and they can be removed
i remember pulling my sisters in it
up and down my driveway

i think i'll refill the tires when i get home.
poem 1 comment challenge: Ferocity

You've been struck by

a single crack that lights up the sky
you look, and the sky has torn itself open
the loud boom of the second strike, 
only seconds after the crack

something falls. you don't know what
rain is like her brothers now, hitting with a punch
splat splat splat
onto windows and windshields

there's a loud crash as another tree hits the ground
the swish of it's branches, the smack of the trunk
there's a car alarm going of somewhere
beeeeep beeeep beeeeep

the news channel warned that this was going to be a strong one
there's a flash, striking a power cable
your road is dark. 
the rain, unrelenting

someone's dog won't shut up
bark bark bark 
another tree falls onto the road
the screech of tires to avoid the obstacle

and all you do
sitting on your porch, looking at the sky