jessie.p's picture

What makes me, me

What makes me, me?
    I have short light brown hair. I wear pretty normal clothes. My face could easily get lost in a crowd. That begs the question; what makes me, me? My height used to set me apart from the crowd, now I’m average. Maybe my like for depressing things makes me stand out. Or maybe my bad posture? My big nose perhaps? Is it the way I trust too quickly? Maybe I’m set apart from the crowd because I’m too quiet, or too obnoxious. I think it’s due to the fact that I’m too much to handle. I’m either all in or all out. My mood can change from happy to insane in a span of minutes. I haven’t always been this way. It just kind of happened. There is no off switch, I’ve found. Maybe I’m different because I have no off switch… Or maybe because I speculate too much, this being solid proof.

jessie.p's picture

Aiden

He looks up at the ceiling fan and is now in a trance, his big blue eyes watching the blades turn. His arms and legs flail with happiness, soft legs kick my arms, while his chubby little hand is holding my thumb. His small head resting against me, just the slightest dusting of hair on the back of it. He finally looks at me, and the biggest smile appears on his face. 10 seconds later he is pouty, his eyebrows furrowed, and begins to cry.

He likes to grab onto hair, and be held by anyone that is willing to hold him. He likes a cat named Mittens, and he doesn't seem to be too in love with dogs. He has a big brother that makes him laugh daily, and a father and mother who love him more than words.  He's four months old and drools all the time. He hates going in the car, but he like his car seat. He likes being at my house though, so he can stare at the ceiling fan and start the whole story over again...

jessie.p's picture

The Real Afterlife

Nowadays, people look to the afterlife for help. They wish they could see what it is really like. They think it's a "better place." People bid their loved ones farewell on their journey to "heaven." Or they warn their children that if they do something bad, they will be sent to "hell." Where everything is fire, and is somehow underground, while heaven is in the clouds. Well what if I told you there is no afterlife. There is no heaven. There is no hell. There is no "better place." Every single thing they've told you is a lie. You get one life, and that life only. Once you die, you are dead. That is certain. You don't get a second chance. You aren't reborn as a rat if you wronged someone in life, and you aren't reborn as a prince if you flourished in life. There is nothing. Nothing but a sleep that will never end.